Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Saying "Again" will repeat the last said command

Kind of useful when you are tired of saying "Xbox volume up/down" several times until you reach what you want or "Xbox go back".

Make it available while it is listening after a command.

2,308 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PaoloMazzei shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FallReload commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't forget about us Kinect users Microsoft. I use it daily. And a +1 to "volume up/down [number/amount]"

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, things like "Again", "More", "Less", "Higher", "Lower" withing a limited amount of time after the initial command would be amazing.

• xiowolf2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, keep going, higher, lower, etc. Similar sayings would be great it has to keep listining after saying xbox volume up/down

• TURBOWANDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see Volume +/- on the Left and Right D-Pad Buttons after bringing up the double tap xbox home button. This should only show up if you have a Kinect plugged in and configured for your TV/Receiver.

• BigAndy1979 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with TheDvlsAdvc8...., Volume + number excellent idea.

Also not sure how hard it would be, but adding stuff like
    "Xbox, turn the volume down a little", then "a bit more" and the same with adjusting the volume up - then having the ability to set that amount in settings.

Think it's great that the TV volume goes down when you exit back to Home screen, but why can't this happen on it recognising the XBOX command???

• Leucutis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am all for the idea. As for getting the Xbox to stop listing when you don't want to there's an easy fix. We are able to change our Xbox name but the Xbox will not recognize it. Even as I'm talking now I'm having a problem with it listening to me. We should be able to give our box a proper name and have it respond to that name. It would also give it more of a personal feeling as we use an interact with our Xbox

• SAGABOY 8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All for it. The fancy little camera isn't always attuned if the right word, to a voice.

• AboveInfinityBE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm perfectly fine with this as long as it only works when the Xbox is 'listening'.

I don't want to naturally say 'Again' and have it recognize the Go To Netflix command from 2 hours ago.

Make it so 'Again' only works when it says 'Stop Listening' or there is a notification for the last said Command (when its in White)

• Zack Dollars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Something needs to be done to make controlling volume with voice a little smoother. You can change the quantity of the volume change in the settings. Default is 3, but you can make it as high as 10. 6 might be a good number.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base