Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

"Xbox, Turn Off Controller" Voice Commands

Sometimes im eatin and watchin Netflix on my xbox one and can't reach for controller or my hands are greasy but I wanna turn my controller off so battery wont go dead.. I thinkwe should be able to say "xbox turn off controller" or just say "xbox turn off" and u can choose to turn system off or controller. . HANDS FREE

1,358 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DatReggieKush shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TheReaper2787 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it to where we can say Xbox controller off, and the controller power is automatically turned off!

• llxWrathxll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SuperDan9001.....seriously.....you do know that the wireless controllers vibrate based on all sorts of input into them from the console right? Plus just the normal current way to turn of the controller is a signal from the console. So of course its possible that we could use Kinect to turn it off if the devs ever bothered to add the command

• XxxxV1P3RxxxX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG i was thinking this exact same thing the other day when i was eating. "xbox turn off controller" so my batteries don't go flat while eating this meal . lol

• Etas One commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be better if Kinect tracks wether you hold the Controller in your Hand or not. So when you lay it down the controller turns off and when you lift it again the controller turns on automatically. Without saying anything. Maybe with a delay of 5 secounds.

• SuperDan9001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think that would be able to happen, I'm sure the controllers are input only, to have it do that command you would need an output (so far only having it connected via USB charge / update cable).
    It is a nice idea though and if it was to be possible then I'm all for it.

• Ason SWE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LSx Awakened, NO YOU CAN'T.

There is currently no way to use voice command to turn off your controller.

Don't understand why we ain't prompt with the same options we have when we hold the Xbox-button down, and have the option to either turn off the console or just the controller?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base