Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Add a "Then" command to Kinect

Let me chain commands for it, like "Xbox, go to Titanfall, then snap TV"

2,209 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ZeeDogHellhound shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CallingApollo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be ok, expanding to talking to kinect more naturally, like a conversation with artificial intelligence.

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then, And, Plus... Whatever, connecting voice command would be nice. It would make Kinect more easy to use.

• Zero Black 1988 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've noticed that certain commands require saying "Xbox" after already saying "Xbox".

While it's already listening, we shouldn't have to say "Xbox snap..." or "Xbox go to...".

Even a child, in certain circumstances, doesn't require their name being constantly being called.

• ThumperzGhost10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having to repeat the starting command...."xbox (action)"...while still on the listening mode would be nice

• xBxOxCx ADONiS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this happen!! please up vote and comment on this with any personal instances! thank you guys!!!!!!!

• Perfectance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love it... but can Kinect handle it? It barely understands even the simple stuff sometimes.

• DocNYz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really good call, it's much more natural and less embarrassing then fighting Xbox One between commands when guests are watching/interfering haha

• Holesome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like your concept. Please take the following as constructive alternative suggestions.

I'm thinking there might be two scenarios that might get confused which dashboard or app might need to deal with the request.
    I'm thinking "then" and "and" might be better suited for piping additional commands into the launched app. Perhaps "plus" could be used to chain two dashboard commands.

1. Xbox launch netflix "plus" snap achievements. This could execute the first command and then execute the second command as another dashboard command.
    2. Xbox launch netflix "and" watch <moviename>. This could have the dashboard execute the first part and then pipe the second part into the app for it's part of the work.
    3. Xbox start netflix and play <moviename> plus snap xbox music and play <songname>

In my example 2 it might be hard for the app to know if "watch" is to open the TV app or "watch" is requesting the netflix to start a specific movie.

If interpreting the intention of the use was easy "then", "and", and "play" wouldn't need specific context rules and the dashboard could just sort it all out based on what it figured your intention was. I suppose Cortana would be helpful.

• SoulSetApart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be such a time saver however it might seem longer depending what game or app your setting up but its sure is a great idea

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base