Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Ability to eject the disc that is in the tray using Kinect by saying "Xbox, eject".

Being able to use the Kinect to eject the disc which is in the Xbox Disc Tray. This could easily be done by saying "Xbox, eject", and would be a very helpful feature on the Xbox One.

4,618 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Byrney x shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LegoNinja187 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a good idea, espicially if you need to leave in a hurry and don't like leaving discs in your console, like my self.

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be near the console to exchange disc, but I want to decrease the time to wait until the disc is ejected after I push the button. If the ejection ends while I pick up the new disc, I can exchange the discs as soon as possible.

• ArGi1215 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if your ejecting a disk youre already getting up to change them there is no point in this command if thats what youre going for

• Commacazy Freak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are valid points on both sides of the debate, however I do agree that an eject command would be a good idea be it with controller or with the Kinect, I do concede that in some cases this can be related to laziness if people are right next to there Xbox because pressing the button on the panel is not that difficult a task. But in the instance of people myself included it would save time based on the fact that in one instance I'd like to say the command and have the disk out by the time I've reached the consoles location be it game or DVD, or say I'm grabbing another game or DVD it's the same sort of story where it would be helpful to have it out by the time I reach the console. And again I have noticed people calling this idea a form of laziness but let's be honest any voice command is that already although I feel a better word would be convenience. Anyway those are my thoughts I hope this becomes a thing but if not I'm sure I'll survive.

• LiamT421 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for every1 saying whats the point my disc drive is working but the eject censor is not so if i had this feature i could eject things without doing it manually every time by sticking a paperclip in the side for the emergency eject

• Zbagoiniy Kote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and what's the point? you still have to go to the xbox and put the disc out... or you want it to shoot disks? i remember a guy was killed like that...

• DaughterRhyme92 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you pit 'xbox, eject' you will still need to get the disk and put it in it's box so that won't save you time you will still need to take it from the xbox

• TW1STED PH4NT0M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok i'm haveing a hard time seeing this feature even being added. Most of us have our console(s) connected to our monitor(s), how hard is it to simply reach over and press eject. I can only see one reason for this feature..., LAZINESS.

• sirkiani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! Oh and one ejected if the disc can stay out of the console for a little longer.

• CplusPrometheus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could, I would disable using the button to eject and only go by controller / voice command. I've hit the buttons by accident walking past my TV stand as the xbone sticks out a bit and turned it on cause hit the eject button.

So for me, ideally, adding the voice command would come with a tick box to disable the front panel button.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base