Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Ability to use the custom console name for voice commands instead of "Xbox"

It would be awesome if you could use the name you give your console for voice commands. So instead of "Xbox Record That" it could be "Steve Record That" or "STOP LISTENING, STEVE!"

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by bahm and *HeresMyNuts. Thanks, everyone!]

1,345 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VeeDubleYou shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anteater13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been wanting this since the xbox one came out. I would use "computer" like in Star Trek TNG.

• superkollin7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would make my console named PS4 so I could say "PS4 turn on!" and my friends would see my Xbox turn on

• Bigdavetender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, that's a necessary feature for eveyrone using more than one Windows 10 device. I had to decide wich one device I wanted to respond to me when I yell "Hey Cortana" and turn the others off. Either make it possible to control all devices with one active Cortana (i.e. on the phone: "Hey Cortana, switch on my Xbox", "Hey Cortana, search the web for Halo and display results on my living room PC"), or let us customise their names.

• madMARTINmarsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a bad idea, I named my console Gregory for no reason other than I like saying it (bit weird I know) so I'd love a reason to say it a bit more.

• LFLFM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be useful for when my windows 10 pc is in the same room! Also my phone's Cortana is disabled but if it wasn't it would be 3 devices hearing me for the same "trigger word"...

• Davehx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I woould like this so that ..

A) Referring to the console doesn't make kinect kick in (being paused mid-race because you mentioned the console you own is so annoying)

B) I could choose something more obscure. (In a conversation once I said the phrace "headphones in the car" and kinect decided I had said "Xbox go to #IDARB" and promptly quit the multiplayer game I was playing, and started new game)

• mcHoyt73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to take this one step further. I do want to see it respond to voice commands with another name (maybe even the Cortana name but custom would be better) but it would seem more conversational if it could learn our names too. example might be:

me: "Flynn, I'd like to watch TV."
    xbox (Flynn): "Ok, Steve. TV."

or

me: "Flynn, record that."
    xbox: "Got it, Steve."

• PureEvil616 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to create your own activation word or phrase for the Xbox to start listening instead of it being "Xbox". My phone can do it, so my console should too. I can't even talk about "The Console Who Must Not Be Named" without the kinect thinking it has been summoned.

• WARFARE URANO 1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

will be nice if we name are xbox with different name like honey or baby o any name and kinect reconize that
    For Example I get home and I say : honey turn on or honey record that or honey go home will be perfect

• GC360E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to change "Xbox" on voice commands to another personalized name

Examples...

"Skynet, on"

"Cortana, play Halo 5"

"Hal, unsnap"

"Computer, watch TV"

• denis snake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On devrait pouvoir donner un nom à notre Xbox one pour le contrôle vocal plutôt que dire Xbox fais si Xbox fais ça lui donner un nom de notre choix serait vraiment super sympa

• CAZZY 1967 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you change your Xbox name in the settings what if there was an option to change the Kinect voice command name as well. For instance it could prompt you to say the new name a few times to get a general just of the new name. So instead of saying "Xbox go to...." it would then be "(New Xbox name) go to...."

• BattIeHammer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change the name "Xbox" for any name (prior a test wizard of course) so you can send voice commands like "(Desired name) On" or "(Desired name) Go to Store"

• Camping Limpet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a brilliant idea being able to rename and differentiation between xboxs as both my flat mate and I have xbox ones hooked up side by side in the living room, which is great except for when it comes to voice commands. For example if I`d done something awesome on a game (rarely happens) and then said `xbox record that` it would record the usual clip on mine but also a clip on his, of maybe the dashboard or if one of us is done for the night we can`t even consider the turn off command :/

• Spong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This helps you to talk about the console without it perking up and start listening to you.

• xxLAZYCHICKxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to be able to rename my xbox one and have the kinect follow that name command. is that something we will see happen in the future.

• ale toffoli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could rename our xbox and call it as we renamed. For example, i've y to say "xbox, volume up", if i rename my console to "alfred" it would be so more friendly and natural than call my console of xbox afterall its not a common xbox its my xbox which i put different colors and background to personalise it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base