Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

The ability to use voice commands or speak to Cortana through the headset

Though I have the kinect, since people will soon be getting the Xbox One without the kinect, it would be more convenient if they could use voice commands with their headset, but only suffer the loss of gesture controls until they get a kinect.
The use of headset voice command would also be helpful if I could use voice commands while laying in bed, since the kinect uses facial recognition to use a voice command.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from LuridMoirai, RogueDeltaWave, curtisblades01, and isomodular. Thanks everyone!]

8,628 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kazhooulte shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

371 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SPAWNGA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't work with Turtle Beach headsets it seems. Certainly not with my brand new Elite 800X and I know of many other people who can't use theirs either. No fixes yet. I wonder if other third party headsets (brands) are also unabled to be used with Cortana... Please provide more info.

• SillyBoyWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make Cortana available in South Africa - my region is not supported yet we speak perfect English

• phunky5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it works really well too, but one problem is if u have more than one device i.e phone, laptop or friends over with a device then sayin "hey Cortana" sets them all off and the room goes haywire, we need to be able to change the "hey" to say ur name or xbox Cortana, phone Cortana ect........ pls

• snake42069 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cortana sucks. Allow the option to choose which one, because cortana is making the kinect worthless, and she is unbearably slow. I actually turned her off and now have to snap manually by double tapping the xbox button. *** move, microsoft.

• TeddyluvsBear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana she does not always read me what I do say though because I am a slight speech problem though how do I calibrate her to understand me a lot better? on xbox one windows 10

• Hidden Resolve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Switched to the new preview and am a little irritated. How do I, "Xbox Take a Screenshot" or "Xbox Record that"? Was gonna revert to the old preview if my preview app wasn't frozen when I last tried. I like my basic commands. Heh, I can't even tell my Xbox to turn off. Any knowledge base on commands yet?

• SecondOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cortana is broken. it is now two more syllables to get it to listen and it does nothing but bing search, cortana needs to die.
    Before
    Xbox switch
    easy and it worked
    Now
    Hey cortana switch
    something went wrong try again in a little bit.

what really?

• ZaPz Flawless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people are uncomfortable with the Kinect and would much rather use their heatset for commands, as the Kinect doesnt pick up as well, is a waste of space, and costs $150. Thank you for your time. I hope I have your vote.

• Bmw11211 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible to use voice commands through ANY xbox one headset even the standard one that comes with the console. This will save people from yelling the commands and will also help xbox recognize the commands easier. Maybe make it so the voice commands only work if the headset is muted that way when you are in game you don't annoy everyone else.

• Frenetic souL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Kinect died long ago from who knows what. I never dropped it nor did it suffer from some kind of power surge. It literally just stopped working. I'm not buying another one. I had it since the initial launch of the Xbox One and it died unexpectedly in less than 2 years. If the user has a microphone plugged into their controller, we should be able to control Cortana with no problem. Please consider this.

• OTAKU 4 LIFE 26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be neet to be able to do voice commands using a mic (headset) for those who don't have the funds for a kinect plus it would seem to me that the Xbox would understand us much more clearly due to less distance to filter noice from

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base