Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Kinect Extension Cable

An extension cable for Kinect would be awesome. My xbox isn't very close to my TV so I have to stretch the cable across the floor instead of being able to hide it with the rest of my cables.

1,499 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

x Taft x shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

349 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Archaic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant believe something that should be so easy to fix from Microsoft hasnt been addressed yet. They built the Xbox One to be an all in one media system and it cant be used out of a media closet? Embarrassing

• mdnitehk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until Microsoft comes out with a solution, I found this to work for the Xbox One...

Tripplite 25ft USB 3.0 Extender:
    http://amzn.to/1tHg3Vz

Microsoft Kinect for Windows adapter:
    http://amzn.to/1CYNHZZ

Sabrent 5m USB 3.0 Extension Cable: (NEW Cable that works in the video below)
    http://amzn.to/1zMIw8o

Youtube video showing the Sabrent cable working:
    http://youtu.be/X-82XPNKOfY

Tripp Lite 25ft Cable Instructions:
    Put the Kinect at your TV, use the included cable to plug into the MS Kinect Adapter and then run the
    Tripp Lite cable from the Adapter to Xbox One.

Sabrent 5m Cable Instructions:
    Connect the Sabrent Cable from the MS Kinect Adapter to the 6ft USB cable included with the Windows adapter to the XBox One.

I'm not sure how far you can go or if other brands work.

• nzconan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideal world you make the Kinect wireless ... then no one would need any extension cables and those of us with whole house systems/projectors, can use the sensor in different rooms at different distances .. My household currently play Xbox in one of three rooms from a central cupboard .. Microsoft time to catch up with the modern home :)

• JAKERS94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently wanted to upgrade my Xbox 360 with Kinect, running a 50' cord, to an Xbox One with Kinect, still needing the 50' cord length. I scavenged the internet and can only find Xbox 360 adapters and cords. Xbox should have different cord lengths on the Kinect, ie. 10' 20' 30' 40' 50' 60' etc. or give you the option to buy an extension cord for the already long Kinect Cord.

• MrShannon007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Kinect Adapter for PC basically converts the special cord to USB 3 and provides an external power supply.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.308803600

This would allow us to plug the Kinect into one of the USB ports on the back of the Xbox One console and then use a USB Extension Cable to finally (finally) use the Kinect when the console is located a long distance away from the tv.

There are examples on YouTube demonstrating that this worked at one time, but it isn't supported, and my recent testing of this indicates it no longer works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-82XPNKOfY

Please support the Kinect Adapter on the Xbox One Console!

• Oversizednads4U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only need like another 10 feet I cannot get my xbox any closer this is incredibly frustrating as I love to use the voice commands with my projector

• HuddledSole2770 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A fair number of people seem to be overlooking earlier posts that demonstrate one option for overcoming this: Kinect for Windows adapter + active USB repeater. Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to maintain useability of the Kinect IR blaster. This in turn can be overcome if your Xbox One is near the devices you want to control by IR, using an IR cable connected to the console. That still leaves behind users whose console is not near the controlled device.

However, from a user's perspective, all of these workarounds would be better solved by an actual solution from Microsoft.

It's February 2016. Nearly 3 years since launch. I wouldn't recommend that anyone hold their breath.

• Dreamgazer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like everyone, the kinect isn't able to reach the middle of my home theater room! Need an extantion cable!

• sassyclassylks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Like others here, I have a projector and the cord from the Kinect does not reach my xbox one several feet away.

• CatsEyes1988 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So annoyed about this. When I tweeted Xbox support they simply said to rearrange my set up and that is unacceptable considering it'd be so easy for them to make it. What am I to do? I have a projector and this is not good enough! If anyone had any ideas please tweet me: @Cats_Eyes88 thanks

• Chooch1980 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a little ridiculous that this hasn't happened yet. The media integration capabilities that xbox one/kinect offer, is what convinced me to go with Xbox....even with the continued evidence that many games are running better on PS4 these days. Home Theater enthusiasts, with complex component setups, or long runs to projectors are left high and dry, despite the fact that they are actually the prime market for the Xbox one's main product differentiation.

• HeadBanger28a commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to pull the trigger on an XBox One for Xmas to replace our XBox 360 but very glad I googled for a Kinect extension cable which we need first.

Come on Microsoft just release an extension. Your brilliant advice to rearrange my room is just not possible and pretty condescending.

You will not be getting my cash until you do so.

• DMLAD88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There must be a extension cable made for kinect. Your solution to it is to move everything closer, but my setup does not allow me to do that, so I have my kinect just sitting in the box because it cannot reach

• Havly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have an extension cable for the Kinect.

I'm using my Xbox one with a beamer. This beamer is placed with several other devices (such as receiver, stereo, Blu-ray-player, a Xbox 360, AppleTV, Network Hub,…) in the back of the player/viewer. The Kinect has to be placed in front of the player. In the past, with Xbox 360, this was possible by using a simple USB-extension cable. This feature is not supported by Xbox one. That’s why my Xbox one Kinect controller is not useable for me. It’s cankering in the bottom drawer of a cupboard.
    I need a solution for this problem. From my point of view this should be an extension cable as seen by the Xbox 360. Alternative I could imagine a kind of back-sight/view-installation. So, that the Kinect is installed in the back of the players. It should be sure, that the Kinect could handle this viewing angle. (Maybe it is only the mirroring and/or rotation of the perspective.)

At the moment the suggestion of the Microsoft support team is to place the complete environment in front of the player at the screen. But in my case this is definitely not possible. And I’m sure, there are other enthusiastic gamers who would like to have a solution for this issue as well.
    We are able to send people on the moon. But until now there is no solution for this evadable simple problem. Can you help me???

Kind regards

Havly

• King Tombo IV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people, as myself, heavily relied on a Kinect extension cord for the 360, whereas the Xbox one Kinect Cord is to short and there is no way I can "rearrange my play area" as customer support would say. This would rake in profit for Microsoft and make many gamers jump for joy who have a $150 Kinect laying around they want to use. Thank you!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base