Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Shorter game names instead of saying full title when launching games

I'd like to be able to say Xbox, Go to Ryse instead of Xbox, Go to Ryse Son of Rome .. or Xbox, Go to Tomb Raider instead of Xbox, Go to Tomb Raider Definitive Edition .. etc etc.

4,468 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DEACON shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JudaZuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

KT Monochrome - except is its not .. and besides how is it going to ever work .. if i say 'Hey Cortana' lets play Forza .. will she start Forza 2 Horizon, Forza 5, Forza 6 and soon Forza Horizon 3 ?

Right now she does not get any games most of the times, instead she does a Bing search (she often does that for commands like Hey Cortana Snap achivments' as well), but yes of course it is in preview . but Xbox commands always understood the game i ment .. Cortana does not Currently

• JudaZuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HixBot - yes you have to ... it is horrible .. Xbox commands are way faster not only to say, but to actually execute. I have no use for Cortana on my Xbox .. and besides 'Hey Cortana' triggers both my phone and PC ...

The only thing i think I would even need Cortana for on my Xbox is to set a reminder.... and that is not even a supporten Cortana feature on Xbox!! 9 out of times when i ask Cortana what time it is , she brings up a Wikipedia page telling me what time is , it is universally stupid

Xbox commands are a must!

• HixBot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have to say "hey cortana"? Really? What's wrong with "Xbox". Honestly I hope they don't remove "Xbox" as a way to address the Xbox. One step forward, two steps back.

• Morgomir94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Or even allow us to type in or say what we want to call the game of the voice recognition software would read and recognise it. (I'd end up just typing 'Minecraft' or 'Batman' but would definitely help and mean less chance of Kinect not understanding us while we rattle off 'Xbox, go to Halo: The Master Chief Collection'!

• Wheeler32Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If voice controls are going to be one of the only ways to control our Xbox One, then this feature needs to be added sooner than later.

• burritosenior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came on this site literally JUST to post this.

Why do I have to say 'Xbox go to Minecraft Xbox One Edition' instead of just 'Minecraft?' Why do I have to say 'Xbox go to Dishonored R.D.E' or Dishonored Remastered Definitive Edition' instead of just 'Dishonored,' and Dishonored 2 with the next title. It makes no sense. I can't imagine it would be difficult in the slightest to just... make the commands shorter. The command is already in there just cut off half of it, right?

• SJN Aden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the voice commands on being able to launch a game. But one thing I don't like is not being able to change the name of games that are too long.

Games such as "Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor: Game of the Year Edition" are just way too long.

I think it would be a great idea to change the displayed name so I can just say "Launch Shadow of Mordor". This isn't the only game, not to mention when future games come out as GOTY ones, it takes longer to say launch that game than to just go to apps and launch it

• xATHFx Meatwad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know i voted for this long ago but i had to come back because of a certain golf simulator. "EA Sports Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour" That is the voice command to launch. It is TWELVE syllables. That is the opposite of convenient.

• SilverismHD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the Kinect for the sole purpose of the voice commands, it is so useful! However some games and apps require you to call out the entire name of the game in order to complete your request.

For example, I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan, but to get to the game I need to say the entirety of: "Xbox, go to The Elder Scrolls: Online - Tamriel Unlimited". Or for other games, "Xbox, go to Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin"

What I'm asking for is for Microsoft to implement shorter, simpler versions of these names like they did with Internet Explorer and "Xbox, go to IE".
    Things like, "Xbox, go to ESO" or "Xbox, go to KI" would be a lot more helpful and pleasing than reading out the entire name of the game.

Thanks!

• J3V0 xAtom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same idea. For example call of duty advanced warfare is simply too long. If custom commands are too hard to develope you can shorten the names like: advanced warfare

• Oni no Tenshu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not stupid at all. The point of shorter names is as simple as adding a number to the end of identical short names.

• Mr Odacious commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the people asking for custom commands. I want to be able to assign a voice command to a specific game. Saying go to Halo the Master Chief Collection is a pain in the *** I want to be able to say go to Halo or MCC.

• CuriousPaper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would enjoy something like being able to either name the tiles yourself, or giving smaller names from a set of names that can get assigned, something simple for example, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare linked to "Xbox Go To One". Two, three, four, so on and so forth.

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base