Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Xbox One X NEEDS to include a free Kinect adapter.

After supporting the failed Kinect for years, it's upsetting to see that it's being discontinued. At the very least Microsoft should send a free adapter to "Xbox one x" customers who continue to use their old Kinect peripherals. Microsoft has done this already for customers who bought the "one s" this console should be no different. We should not have to spend another 40 dollars for supporting Microsoft's mistakes..

1,851 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hilltop Heating shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

280 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • OsuNeko Van commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought my original xbox one with kinect now i upgrade to a Xbox one x and i really like to use my Kinect.

• TattoodDad544 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame, shame Microsoft. I am a disabled Marine Corp veteran. I had surgery a week ago to have a vertabrae in my neck removed and a implanted device put in. my right arm does not work right, my fingers don't touch where my brain tells them to. my arm is painful and very weak. I bought a X1S and a Kinect sensor before my surgery because I wanted to use voice commands. I knew a controller would be difficult for me to operate. everyone knows what happens next, no adapter. there is no warning or message saying u need additional accessories that are no longer made on either the Kinect or X1S boxes. i cannot even buy one for less then $280. why would i buy a price gouged product for that much? i can almost buy a different companies console for that. I am fumbling with the controller and cannot just go to the app I want, Netflix, hulu, whatever. it jumps all over, I go to the wrong app, or screen, or jumps because I hit lb or RB by mistake. I have always, for over 20 yrs. been loyal to Microsoft. I have 2 MCSE CERTS, all kinds of time, training and money that was invested because I believed in the company. I am now so disgusted that I no longer want anything to do with Microsoft.

• BarredAura32866 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, I as well as many other Xbox One X users are not happy. I bought my original Xbox One with Kinect. I chose not to buy an S, which you initially gave adapters for Kinect with, by request. Now I have purchased an Xbox One X, and can not find a reasonable priced adapter online. Not cool. I don't mind having to buy one for $25, but they go for way more than that. As a service to Xbox One users clearly there is still a demand for these adapters, bring them back for at least a year or two!

• ArtisanSamosa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This is absurd. They are still advertising on their website that the accessory works with all consoles. I literally bought the xbox for kinect. What else do they offer? Barely any exclusives. I could've bought a playstation or just built a pc and have been happy with my original xbox one and kinect. This is a kick in the face to those of us who supported MS through the huge marketing issues they had during the launch of the xbox one. This will be the last time I ever support or advertise for MS on launch. Thanks MS!

• MINI FACES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree Microsoft please send me a free adapter for my Kinect.I just spent $500 to support your Dream machine system. I have been with you since day one. I Have purchased several systems for all of my kids over the years. I do not believe you
    Guys will let me down!

• DEEVO76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want my facial recognition back to log in again as I have multiple users who screw with my settings if I don't log out all the time at least with Kinect it knew you were in the room. Extremely frustrating considering you've expected us to buy multiple consoles in a few years....it's all starting to seem a lil ''Apple iPhonyish'' ....e.g.different charge cords not fixing previous problems before new version released basically blatant capitalism at the consumers expense.

• N3rdyKowb0y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be solved so easily by having the Xbox X support a simple USB microphone.
    I'd say 80% of us complaining are doing so because we are using the Kinect for voice controls.

USB mic into Xbox, set beside Xbox.
    BOOM!
    Voice control to turn off/on, etc

• ithinkurdumb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contacted Xbox Support three times, and apparently the best solution they have is "get one from a 3rd party retailer" and "wait until the price drops to normal".

In the mean time, the Xbox One X page still advertises that it works with all Xbox One X accessories except the One S vertical stand. Microsoft needs to get sued for false advertisement.

• Keslo Mitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it’s time for Xbox to either give a free adapter for Kinect or go ahead & come out with a new version. I was going to upgrade to Xbox one x today but will hold off because I am not going to pay 3rd party sellers $300.00 for the same adapter. Also I have limited mobility issues due to injury & several back surgeries so using Kinect has become very important to an improved since of life. Pleaded for a better since of life.

• Dirheim ESP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just paid 500€ for a console, and I found that I need to pay an additional 200€ to use my old Kinect? This is a rip-off!!!!

• LoveliestPort95 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really can't believe that Microsoft would treat their customers with such contempt. Be assured that rather than paying £150-200 for a second-hand adapter my children's next birthday present will be PS4.

• Mad Geoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow just brought Xbox X, what stupid plumb thought it was a good idea not to include a port for Kinect. Been with Xbox from the very start so over ten years and find it amazing that you exclude a very good piece of kit which many players still use :(

• primopeguin3329 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please MS...sell the adapter again! My kids want to use their games! Otherwise we are returning a lot of stuff!

• RAWR i is LION commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox one x: $500
    Elite controller: $150
    The look on Microsoft’s face when they realize I returned $650 of merchandise because I can’t connect my kinect without paying $300 for an adapter: priceless.

Start making them again for $40 or include an adapter in S and X consoles. Anything less is ridiculous.

• Broads commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes a free adapter would be wonderful, but I am extremely disappointed at Microsoft's decision to discontinue the adapter. I was an early supporter of the original Xbone and actually use/enjoy the Kinect. I didn't buy the S because I had my sights set on the X.

I bought the xbox one day one edition on the merits that the kinect offered. My kids have several dance games, and my wish to upgrade to one X would mean they would miss out. I am seriously not going to have to keep two xbox's under the telly.

Microsoft, please fix this.

• AZDrKnt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes a free adapter would be wonderful, but I am extremely disappointed at Microsoft's decision to discontinue the adapter. I was an early supporter of the original Xbone and actually use/enjoy the Kinect. I didn't buy the S because I had my sights set on the X. This meant I didn't get a free adapter. I bought the Scorpio X and before I could save up another $40 for the adapter, it's pulled from production. This may sound petty, but I'm seriously considering returning the X.
    Microsoft, please fix this.

• dohspc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't understand why they stopped making the adapters right when the xbox one x comes out? Alot of users are upgrading fromt he original xbox one to the x and still want to use the kinect. It really is sad that I had to buy some adapters for like 100 bucks each from someone in china. Microsoft you surely could afford to keep producing these adapters, in fact you should be giving them to us for free if we upgraded to an X. SHAMEFUL!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base