Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Please don't remove the 'Xbox On' and 'Xbox Turn Off' commands

In the new Cortana update, 'Xbox On' has become 'hey Cortana, turn on my Xbox'. And 'Xbox Turn Off' has become 'hey Cortana, turn off my Xbox'. It's just cumbersome and less reliable, please let us use the original commands for convenience sake!

Maybe even give us the choice as to wether we want to refer to our Xbox as 'Xbox' or 'Cortana' to avoid accidentally triggering the voice assistant on our PCs or windows phones that also have her!

1,703 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hazza42 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FUSION NINJA 2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To fix this issue, over on Xbox: 1 'go to 'All settings': 2 go down to System. Under 'System' look for 'language and location' Number 3 click on Language and location, when that is open, change the second option that said region language spoke change that to the United States. Look for the option until you fix the regions when you find that option look for United sates and make sure it is confirmed and restart your Xbox one and you're all set. I hope this was useful! :) If followed the way I explain Cortana will never miss understand you ever again. An I'm also in Canada myself haha :D

• SpringPeak87065 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Guys!!! I got my blank ATM card from CARLOS FERNANDEZ. My blank ATM card can withdraw €3,000 daily. I got it from him last Month and now I have €70,000 for free. The card withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for the installation of my gas plant station and enough money for me and my 3 kids. I am really happy i met Fernandez. Fernandez sent the card through UPS Service and i got it in 4 working days. Go get yours now. He’s giving it out to help people even if it is illegal at least its from the banks treasury not individuals account but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. The card works in all countries except Philippines, Mali and Togo. Fernandez email address is pcgblankatm@yahoo.com contact him now and end your suffering be discrete when you write him cause he works without no traces so follow accordingly until your atm gets to you otherwise he will decline to do business with you

• BlondeToast84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GET RICH WITH BLANK ATM CARD

I want to testify about Mrs Christy blank atm cards which can withdraw money from any atm machines around the world. I was very poor before and have no job.I saw so many testimony about how Christy send them the ATM blank card and use it to collect money in any ATM machine and become rich. I email her also and she sent me the blank card. I have use it to get 50,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of $2,000 daily. Christy is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email: atmmachine337@gmail.com or Whatsapp: +16234044993 on how to get it. She will gives out the card to anybody email Christy today and become rich  atmmachine337@gmail.com or Whatsapp: +16234044993

Email: atmmachine337@gmail.com

Whatsapp: +16234044993

• HazelSpring2052 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have went back to using my old xbox one vs xbox one s because I HATE Cortona!!!!! That chit never works!!!! Now the reg xbox commands work perfectly. The first xbox was a perfect design

• CooingCorn89416 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never know it exist but until i tried my best to look for how i will get money to start up a business and pay my bills, i visited Facebook and some other sites so many times. I saw how people get helped with Blank ATM card from Hacking man called Engineer Michael i was really surprise but i don't really know what to do so i decided to email Engineer Michael i complained to him how i needed money and he reply Yes he is a hacking man of anything, he said he can hack cellphones and Blank ATM and others devices, so I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. I have the faith is real and it will work because i saw many comments talking about his card. He told me Yes and that it is a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. i was amaze. after doing what he ask, 3 days later i received my card from DHL with my pin, i rush to try it on the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic i was so happy. I was able to withdraw up to $6000 immediately. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life, So far i have being able to withdraw up to $78000 without any stress of being trace and caught. I don't know why i am posting this here but i care about everyone who need financial help should contact him he is the best and kind, please don't fall in other peoples hands who will take your money and not give you card. you can text him +19733045149 his email address (micharelatmhacker@gmail.com). He can help you too.

• JAD88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana is a terrible name. "Hey, Cortana" isn't nearly as easy to say as "Xbox." 5 syllables versus 2. I'd like to use all the improvements Cortana brings to voice commands without having to say Cortana.

• GroundHawkX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't stand the cortana UI. It's time consuming and does not understand perfect English. It needs to be removed and replaced with the fast and simple "XBOX" command feature.

• Davevinci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or...let us name our Xbox One consoles, like maybe I want to call it Bob, or Jeeves or Batman. Oh, or Alfred.

• RedjohnAndsan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can set this up in the settings.

Did it myself last week. I feel your pain, but it is there already.

• AzzBow81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the "hey cortana" magic word is very long winded. I think simply using the old commands should still work but have cortina available for complex commands.

• SparkyGnome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find that using Hey Cortana as the start of the phrase makes the Xbox much more responsive when listening to you. yes it is slightly longer but it is a small price to pay for more responsive, more accurate and more reliable listening

• Z Webb6123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want Xbox phrase commands back, easy to navigate and was very helpful. Cortana is impossible to do the simplest commands with, the only thing that works is volume up or down and even still that might not work.......so bummed. My wife and kids had no problem with Xbox conmands. Down with Cortana!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base