Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Keep Hand Gestures Active on Xbox One Dashboard

Keep hand gestures please so that we can keep the complete functionality of kinect and so it doesn't take away choice. You promised that with kinect you feel the full experience of the Xbox one which would differentiate from other consoles . so prove it and listen to kinect users for a change

2,117 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

moroni86 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

356 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SpartanNova209 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should have left them I enjoyed using them why does everyone have to like them you see gamers aren't one general group. Lots of gamers hate the things others like just because most didn't use it doesn't mean they should take it away most don't have a Kinect and of those who do nobody is going to only use gestures it was a helpful feature like Cortana I don't use her all the time but she's very nice to have. My main point is you'll never please everyone but it's not like this feature was causing major problems it was something that was there for people who wanted to use it and I'd like it to be brought back.

• JoeySpeed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought to revisit this page now its nearly 2018, to see if there's hope id hear any updates. All I am seeing are more and more annoyed customers. I'll never forget you dropped support for what was a truly awesome feature that appears long dead and buried. Is kinect still dead, are gesture controls eventually going to make a comeback? I think so because it's cutting edge stuff, if it doesnt make a return on your console i'm certain other companies will push the boundaries of the technology, of what could have been great on your "next generation console" That can't Snap apps anymore and is more feedback in itself. What do you expect me to do with the bulky lump of useless plastic Microsoft?

• shoguren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are not even asking for new hand gestures.
    If Microsoft has decided to not develop them anymore because it is not cost effective, well ok, but why remove an existing functionality?
    Even if it is only used by a few of us, you should respect what you offered!

• Usitrel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason i got an xbox one was the kinect gestures, and now they are gone FOREVER! I feel like they are trying to get rid of Kinect totally, new consoles don't have the kinect socket at all.

• ALL498098 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want support faster on features chat with Microsoft support if enough voices get out it could become a reality again

• CrimsonWinner64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want it to come back. I liked it because it was easy for me to do and I didn't have to search for a controller.

• CooingCorn89416 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never know it exist but until i tried my best to look for how i will get money to start up a business and pay my bills, i visited Facebook and some other sites so many times. I saw how people get helped with Blank ATM card from Hacking man called Engineer Michael i was really surprise but i don't really know what to do so i decided to email Engineer Michael i complained to him how i needed money and he reply Yes he is a hacking man of anything, he said he can hack cellphones and Blank ATM and others devices, so I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. I have the faith is real and it will work because i saw many comments talking about his card. He told me Yes and that it is a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. i was amaze. after doing what he ask, 3 days later i received my card from DHL with my pin, i rush to try it on the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic i was so happy. I was able to withdraw up to $6000 immediately. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life, So far i have being able to withdraw up to $78000 without any stress of being trace and caught. I don't know why i am posting this here but i care about everyone who need financial help should contact him he is the best and kind, please don't fall in other peoples hands who will take your money and not give you card. you can text him +19733045149 his email address (micharelatmhacker@gmail.com). He can help you too.

• Aa Tahya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just voted. Turns out that there are still people complaining until today. I saw this thread last year but just voted then.

I already sold my xbone and bought a ps4. But I bought a 360 since I needed it for party games, exercise, and games for my kids. I know Microsoft is *** us console gamers because they are left behind in sales by Sony. Microsoft decided they want to compete on hardcore gamers market because that's where the money is, and where the gamers is. And they lost. Instead of catering to us gamers, They decided to please game publishers and developers instead.

The 360 had captured older gamers with kids who wanted a console for the family. Especially since nintendo failed with the wii u. You could've target family market where parents want a console they can play with their kids and dethrone Nintendo as the family console of choice.

But no, you wanted Sony's market share instead.

And now, with no exclusives, always online requirement with gamepass, and no Kinect games. I can't think of anyone who would buy an xbox 1 x when they can get the same game with better performance on PC.

F*ck you Microsoft.

• KILLER CHIMP707 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea I just bought the kinect basically for the hand gestures and now they just took it away :(
    PLEASE, bring it back!!

• ClearableFrame8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Five option to turn gestures on and off instead of completely scrapping that feature. Only reason I got Kinect was to use the gestures!

• ConstantAbyss49 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why was this romoved anyway? I don't use my Xbox for a number of years and come back to it thinking it's utterly useless. If you happen to bother to read this, make the console viable again - thanks

• FatherlyNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least make it an option to enable / disable gesture control. It was so nice when you just want to lie down and leave the controller on the coffee table.

• cyntori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back hand gestures to the Kinect. It is frustrating to have to turn on my controller to navigate the dashboard and waste valuable battery life. Like other suggestions, maybe make it an option to turn gesture control on or off.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base