OneGuide & Live TV

Here you can find ideas and requests for OneGuide, how OneGuide integrates and interacts with other Xbox Apps, as well as the Live TV experience.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the OneGuide & Live TV forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add your subscribed YouTube Channels to OneGuide

Add your subscribed YouTube Channels to One Guide

128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend OTA DVR record limit

Add an option to extend the over the air live TV DVR limit beyond 30 minutes. Utilizing an external hard drive I have more than enough space to record more than 30 minutes worth of tv.

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow 4K HDMI pass-through support for Xbox

Was super excited to be an early adopter for the One S. I'm definitely more about the media side of the xbox one and fell in love with the original and live tv. Since then I've upgraded to Directv 4k which is still in it's early days but I want to make sure I'm ready. I missed using the xbox to control my STB. A little disappointed that the new xbox one s does not support 4k input yet. Please have your engineers research this and work towards a firmware update to allow 4k pass-through. Thank you!

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Playstation Vue Type Service for Xbox One

I think PS Vue looks amazing. Cloud DVR, Time-Shifting 3 days worth of programming, local channels, bookmarking on all watched shows, on-demand programming, almost a complete lineup of cable shows and news without a cable box and integrated into the PS. What is not to love. I thought that was the direction XB1 was going and hopefully will have a competing service someday soon.

123 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for TV's with an integrated digital tuner (e.g. freeview in the UK)

At the minute there is support for freeview boxes to be connected to the xbox one TV integration. However here in the UK, televisions are sold as standard with freeview services built into the TV's. Therefore TV's obviously don't have HDMI 'out' in order to connect to the xbox's HDMI 'in' port. SO it would be good if you could add support for TV's with freeview and other services already built into the TV not just cable boxes etc.

122 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use Kinect IR for Media Remote

I have the Media Remote which is great that it works without Kinect, but is sometimes annoying if a coffee table or something else is in the way and doesn't work as the console sits below where a TV's sensor would be. It would be nice if a Kinect was plugged in, then it would use its IR instead as it is placed (in my case) above the TV where it would always be able to get the signal.

122 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separating snap TV volume from game volume

When we be playing a game and watching snap TV, some times the TV be too loud. And we only wanna lower the TV volume, but the game volume will go down as well.

They already have a way to only lower the game volume, just go to the game settings and lower the game volume. But there's no kind of way to only lower the snap TV volume.

119 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. youtube/Twitch channels + one guide

So I use my Xbox One as my All in One media center but I've been starting to realize it was designed only for those who still rely on off the air channels. I was thinking some things could be done to improve the experience for people who are online only (either by choice or because TV isn't available in their area). This could be done by improving One Guide. Right now Youtube/Twitch/Amazon Instant/Netflix/Etc. connectivity is limited to "most popular" or something that's not very personal and doesn't really reflect how most people use the services. I think the majority…

118 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Previous channel button

Add a "previous/last channel" feature. The Y button is currently not used. Just assign that

107 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow use of more than one official Xbox Freeview TV Tuner when DVR option becomes available

With the end of WMC (Windows Media Centre) announced with the release of Windows 10 as it won't be included in it, more than one TV tuner will be needed in order for the Xbox One to become a realistic replacement. A dual or quad tuner could also be useful to avoid splitting the coaxial cable into multiple single adaptors that are already available.

101 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change channels with the Xbox One Media Remote using USB TV Tuner

I bought the official Xbox One USB TV Tuner. Its setup and working fine. I setup OneGuide and can change channels using OneGuide menu. But on the Xbox One Media Remote I cannot change channels using the up and down arrows. I can change volume and all other buttons work fine. I want the ability to use the channel buttons to control the USB TV Tuner channels.
    Is this just a glitch for me or are others facing this issue?

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Release a Media Remote with number buttons so we can change TV channels

Without number buttons on the Media Remote, you have to use the up/down button to change TV channels. When going from, say, channel 5 to 2,005 it take almost 10 minutes.

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Filter encrypted TV Channels

The Digital TV Tuner lists and selects encrypted channels that cannot be played. Please add an option to remove encrypted channels from the list analog to the feature of removing non-HD channels.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 'Nightshift'-like option for gaming late

Option to tint screen at night

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Download pictures from OneGuide, to use as Xbox Wallpaper!

Download Pictures from OneGuide, to use as Xbox Wallpaper!

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use the Chatpad Number Keys to Enter OneGuide Channels

I'd like to have the ability to use the number keys on the new chatpad to manually enter tv channels within the OneGuide. The guide is very crisp and clean, but not being able to manually enter a channel number makes it so I have to scroll through hundreds of channels. Being able to do this while viewing the channel lineup and also while watching a show would be greatly appreciated.

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove Channel Up/Down Assignment from the Xbox Controller Thumbstick.

I cannot tell you how many times I have bumped the right thumbstick on my Xbox One Controller while watching TV and it changes the channel. This is incredibly annoying, especially when I when I have Live Pause enabled and the channel changes and forces me to lose my spot. Please push an update to move channel adjustment to the D-Pad or the bumpers, literally anywhere else aside from the analog sticks would be better.

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to Have the XBOX automatically chance back to the channel we're really watching, when it comes back on from Commercials.

When we're watching a Live TV show, and we change the TV channel when goes on a commercial; making the XBOX ONE automatically change back to the channel we're really watching would be great. So we wouldn't have to keep our hands on the remote, checking to see if our show came back on. The XBOX can automatically snap it on when it comes back on from commercials.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate BBC iPlayer into OneGuide

[Mod edit: Changed title from "why isn't iPlayer in the one guide" to better reflect this idea.]

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DTCP-IP Support

I'd like to request DTCP-IP support for the Xbox One. I'd love to be able to use the DLNA support for my Silicondust HDHomerun Prime to tune channels, but while it currently works for the local, unencrypted channels from Time Warner, DTCP-IP support would be needed for the Xbox One to be able to see the encrypted channels (which is the majority of them). Thanks!

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

OneGuide & Live TV

Feedback and Knowledge Base