OneGuide & Live TV

Here you can find ideas and requests for OneGuide, how OneGuide integrates and interacts with other Xbox Apps, as well as the Live TV experience.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the OneGuide & Live TV forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Xbox One Digital TV Tuner for DVB-S2

Like the newly announced Xbox One Digital TV Tuner (http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-digital-tv-tuner) it would be great to have this for other standards like satellite (DVB-S2).
    First of all, the live TV isn't working too good in Germany. Mostly depending on the STB. A standard tuner by Microsoft would be cool then. Perhaps we can get rid of those ugly OSDs from the STBs then. :-)

Thx!

342 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for ClearQAM QAM to the Digital TV Tuner

The Hauppauge USB tuner supports ClearQAM channels but the Xbox One software does not, please fix this with an update!

336 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneGuide - Hide Apps that you don't use

The new update gives you recommendations from youtube, amazon, netflix etc.

But it also shows videos from apps i don't use like blink box, weak.

The ability to hide apps i don't use and display ones that i do use would make the one guide more appealing

323 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Partner with TV app providers, such as FX now, Syfy now to provide content to non-cable subscribers

The Xbox one is a cable cutters dream, with the addition of the TV tuner there is great potential. There are currently a slew of applications for network television such as FX, SyFy, Abc..etc. They all however require a cable subscription to use. Which defeats the purpose of cutting the cord. My suggestion is to enhance xbox live by partnering such that this content can come to cable cutters. Perhaps as an add on service or a bonus for being a live member.

261 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DLNA OneGuide integration

Your DLNA movies/TV shows show up in Xbox one OneGuide, so you can access your network content super quick

243 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Signal strength for digital tuner!

Just helpful to fine tune antenna to strongest signal position.

237 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn off cable box when not watching TV

My cable box turns on/off with my Xbox which is fine. But if I am playing games for 3 hours my cable box sits there eating energy. Can't the cable box turn on/off as the watch TV function is used?

227 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Picture in Picture

Keep the OneGuide playing in a small window while I navigate menus.

223 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically adjust volume during commercial break

We all know commercials don't follow the FCC guidelines for loudness http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/loud-commercials. Instead of having to say "Xbox volume down" every commercial break, detect commercials, and adjust the volume automatically.

219 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rename channel to aid in voice recognition

Please allow the customization of a channel name as some cable providers have insanely long names for channels and we must say the entire name for voice driven channel switching.

For example, the fox sports channel in my area is called "Fox Sports Southwest HDTV (Dallas DMA) 24/7".

So I have to say "xbox watch fox sports southwest HDTV dallas DMA 24 7" to tune that channel by voice. Geesh...

I'd be a big fan of simply having to say "xbox watch fox sports".

207 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow networked TV antennas such as SiliconDust HDHomeRun

Media Center works with networked (ethernet) TV antennas. It would be nice if xb1 could do the same.

199 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Watch TV Delivered through Coaxial Cable Besides Over-The-Air

I live in an apartment complex that offers a basic cable package, but no cable boxes only coaxial connections in the rooms. It would be nice to be able to hook up a coaxial cable to the outlet provided in my room and watch Cable TV through my Xbox One from it.

170 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow manual assignment of TV channel numbers to TV channels

Not everyone who uses Xbox One with their IPTV box has their tv provider supported right now.

For example, I'm with a local company in Indiana called Metronet, instead of Comcast or DirecTV.

It's been 10 months since launch and Metronet is still not supported on the One Guide.

So for me and others like me, allow us to manual assign channel numbers to tv channels so we can enjoy the guide and kinect like everyone else.

162 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow streaming TV from satellite TV

I see that you did a digital tuner tv stream and I don't have digital tuner but i have satellite tv. If you can make it to where i can stream satellite tv from xbox one to smartglass i would love it.

154 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better integration with HDMI IN and USB TV Tuner - Two sources supported

At the moment if you have a USB Freeview tuner plugged into your Xbox One and have Chromecast plugged into the HDMI IN port at the same time its a hassle to get it to switch between them both as they both use the same TV app. If multiple video sources were supported in some way then i would be able to run all my media through my Xbox and the only remote id need to have out would be my Xbox One media remote. At the moment its not convenient enough to have my Chromecast or USB TV tuner…

146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Develop an external DVR add-on

Develop an external dvr add-on box that would include CPU/RAM, 1-4 HD spaces and 4 slots for slotting in dual tuner cards for a total of 8 tuners. It would only have a power cord, USB cable to Xbox One for video signal & syncing guide data and an aerial socket to connect to wall. There would be no burden what so ever on the Xbox at all.

137 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add An Autotune Functionality to the OneGuide

In essence what I'm asking for is that when I find something in the OneGuide that I want to watch but its in the future, so later on tonight at 10:30 for example, I'd like to be able to set an "autotune" function so that when that show is about to come on the Xbox will say that it is about to switch to that channel automatically because that show is about to come on that was autotuned. And when it would say that it is about to autotune to a channel there would be a prompt that could be…

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sign in to your cable provider account to get cable on Xbox one

I don't have a HD box and want to have cable on my Xbox one so I was thinking what if we just sign on Xbox one with our username and password for our cable provider. We can block what people see and can be use just like on your tv.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. TV Tuner setup and use while offline

I believe you should be able to use the TV tuner to scan for channels and watch OTA TV without the use of one guide or an internet connection.

When military units deploy, there is often unsecure cable signals available but never internet. As a result, it is not possible to watch TV because there is no connection to download a guide.

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve channel selection options in the OneGuide - hide channels, select SD/HD

I receive my TV through a Virgin Media TIVO, but there are many channels I don't ever want to watch, such as the childrens channels and some channels I can't receive in HD, such as Sky1 because of my package.
    At the moment, the OneGuide only allows me to 'prefer HD channels over SD channels', and doesn't allow me to select if I want the SD or HD stream for a specific channel. Also, there are channels listed that I cannot receive at all (or never want to watch) and would like to hide those channels from the OneGuide.

131 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

OneGuide & Live TV

Feedback and Knowledge Base