Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Sling TV - Full Xbox Integration

Internet TV was optionally set up under the TV & OneGuide setup, but Live TV apps like Sling TV didn’t seem to appear there for full and complete integration into the Xbox scheme of things. Now the setting seems to have been removed and there’s apparently nothing in place to create that integration.

This is unfortunate as it leaves a few of the Xbox apps feeling disintegrated at best. Sling TV is one such app. Due to its very nature and design, Sling TV should be given the deepest integration possible with the Xbox; fully passing as TV when "Xbox Watch TV or Go to TV" is called upon/initiated.

When searching Xbox Bing, results should include what's available on Sling TV (whether Live or On Demand).

Full integration should also mean complete OneGuide/MiniGuide support, functioning in every way we've come to expect Live TV to function as with Cable/Satellite on HDMI IN or Digital/OTA on the USB TV Tuner. Sling TV should also appear in “What’s On” and Trending; even displaying related Tweets from Twitter.

Sling TV integration should be complete, full and deep!!!

423 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ancient Weapon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jackm75 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this happened yet? The point of "OneGuide" was to bring everything into one interface and yet years later it's still not done.

• Gamer355 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add DVR on a server for Sling. Also, make it so when you turn on the console and TV Sling starts ups first like Cable Box.

• Sean Franchise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree here, but don't stop at Sling TV!

The Xbox one is easily the best all-in-one solution for cord cutters on the market, thanks to the variety of apps and OTA/DVR support, but the front-end NEEDS an overhaul to bring live TV (OTA, Sling, ESPN), on demand content (Netflix, Hulu, HBO), and pinned programs together. Add platform-wide (all apps, not just Xbox video) search to the mix, and the experience will be unparalleled.

• skatestorm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a new cord cutter with the leaf HD antenna and Sling TV. This feature would be great to have. When can we see it?

• BreezyAnto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress detail on the Sling TV integration to Live TV/OneGuide? It's been coming soon for some time now but no news about it.

• nazurc1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost 4 months since it was announced this was "coming soon". Is there a target release date for the sling tv full integration?

• sicthegamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ooh, yes! This would be amazing! I would love it more if the full integration would extend to adding Sling TV channels to the Favorites list in the MiniGuide, cuz then that'd be even better! Taking it further, I'd love it if a voice command to watch a Sling TV channel would actually switch to that channel from anywhere in the Xbox-- often times I go back into Sling, browse to Disney XD and then change to that-- manually, If I could say "Xbox, Watch Disney XD" or something like that, and it immediately switches to that channel in the Sling app, I'd be even happier of taking the plunge and getting a Kinect :)

• Monteleownage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Xbox watch TNT/ESPN/CNN" - I miss these commands post cutting the cord. Please integrate SlingTV into OneGuide!

• SuperPayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if my Sling TV channels appears in the TV OneGuide alongside by OTA TV Tuner channels

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base