Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Partner with TV app providers, such as FX now, Syfy now to provide content to non-cable subscribers

The Xbox one is a cable cutters dream, with the addition of the TV tuner there is great potential. There are currently a slew of applications for network television such as FX, SyFy, Abc..etc. They all however require a cable subscription to use. Which defeats the purpose of cutting the cord. My suggestion is to enhance xbox live by partnering such that this content can come to cable cutters. Perhaps as an add on service or a bonus for being a live member.

267 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

leapoffaith06 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • ryanlr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think the best system would be to pay extra monthly or yearly by the channel, but billed through Microsoft the same way my EA Access works. That's how HBO Go works with Apple, right? (We don't have it in Canada because Bell has the distribution rights)

• sicthegamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now this would be interesting to see. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for Gold if they did something like this, even. They could even fully integrated into the OneGuide and TV app, so you can switch to "channels" those apps have. That'd be awesome!

• Mushroom C1oud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That future will happen someday but my best guess is that due to contracts with cable/satellite companies this is currently not possible. However, with Netflix, Hulu, and now HBO having a cableless service we are getting much closer.

• DRAGONSBREATH2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I never could understand the purpose of these apps. If I had cable to begin with I wouldn't be using these apps, i would just watch them on cable especially where most cable now allows you to take it with you on manny devices. So these apps should be available to non cable users of Xbox.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base