Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Watch TV Delivered through Coaxial Cable Besides Over-The-Air

I live in an apartment complex that offers a basic cable package, but no cable boxes only coaxial connections in the rooms. It would be nice to be able to hook up a coaxial cable to the outlet provided in my room and watch Cable TV through my Xbox One from it.

170 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SNOWMAN0994 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • NiCkDee24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All these people complaining that they can't watch TV on their xbox? You already have a TV? just use that? lol. A lot of people saying ''I pay for cable but have no box''.... eh?! lol. Just get a set top box, they're like next to nothing on eBay. It's a games console, not a TV reciever (although they have added that capability, it's not it's only function) lol.

• mike5514 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, that is the only reason I bought the tuner. Don't to pay an additional $16 a month.

• BERodd124 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the fact I cant watch my cable service through the tv tuner is ridiculous, how much effort could it possibly take for Microsoft to add support, so that I may connect my coax with cable service to the stupid tv tuner to the xbox.

• A Yeti 88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, I believe the Hauppauge tuner already has clear qam support, we just need a software update to be able to pull these channels into the Xbox.

As stated previously, this post is the same as:

"Add support for ClearQAM QAM to the Digital TV Tuner"

• SCOTTLAND23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have standard, basic cable. No Box (saves me $30 a month). But the no box means no HDMI. Hauggpage has a USB to Cable device, but Microsoft only allows it to pull in Over the Air channels. With basic Cable, I receive 100 SD channels and 30+ HD channels.

Allow the XBOX ONE to work with Basic Cable through RG6 cords (eliminating the need for a cable box, which I do not have)

• NuclearPants commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I live in an apartment where I pay for cable (digital and HD channels) that come directly through the wall with a coax cable. It'd be nice to have a simple/affordable converter for people like me who don't have a set top box, but who do pay for cable, and would like to still watch through the Xbox One.

• ClutchKB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is a lot of people out on Xbox one or just the United States they feel that they do not want to pay for cable or satellite so with that being said I feel like Xbox need cater to that crowd that do not feel like they need to pay for cable Justin to enjoy the Xbox Live TV.. my suggestion is create an app where you you can use your digital antenna to watch local television stations instead of using a cable box.. because the way it is setup right now you have to have cable just to watch television on your xbox one..

• yunggunn80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This topic should be combined with "Add support for ClearQAM to the Digital TV Tuner" so we can get more vote recognition.

• B Steels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes x1000. Hate that the Digital TV Tuner is limited to OTA. Do not want to use a digital antenna. I have cable from the wall, using coax. Why in the world is this not supported? The Hauppage device the tuner is based on (and the compatible, non-Xbox-branded one) supports it, but Xbox OS does not. So frustrating!

• Jonny Killalot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this. I downgraded my cable service and they took my cable box away. So now I can't watch TV on my Xbox One. Sucks. I even tried getting a Medicsonic DTV wanting it to put my clear QAM signal from coaxial to the HMDI in on my console with no luck. Returned it.

Make the OTA tuner support both OTA and clear QAM please. Want to watch my cable TV through the X1 again.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base