Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Signal strength for digital tuner!

Just helpful to fine tune antenna to strongest signal position.

242 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RJ MacReady69 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Want of Means commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've wanted this for a very long time. It's a bit ridiculous. I use my TV's built-in tuner to fine tune antenna placement then re-plug the coax back into the Hauppauge to use XBox for viewing via OneGuide. It's a pain. Please add a signal meter - it's a basic function of antenna viewing.

While you're at it, please add the ability to manually add specific RF channels separate from the scan, so that we can add channels we know we get (usually in a very different direction on the compass) when antenna is re-oriented.

• kiwi1969 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get glitches also my tv's built in tuner don't get. Either free interference with Haugpauge , or some internal Xbox interference from HD, or CPU to slow.

Would be good to know if XBox One S has same issue?

Currently don't use Xbox for tv due to glitches.

• BUTTCHUGGED commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've noticed the Hauppauge TV Tuner has issues with audio and video stutter on some channels that my TV's built in tuner does not. Very frustrating when my antenna is set perfectly and has plenty of power and range. It would be very helpful if I can see the signal strength the tuner thinks it has.

• StormPelt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. We occasionally need to tweak our antenna position to maximize our reception as we live in a very rural area. A signal strength meter to work with the Hauppauge digital TV tuner would make this job much, much easier. Thank you for the opportunity to comment.

• CK3210 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

providing signal strength of a channel is critical for optimizing antenna position, it's the most important feature to drive the rest of the 'experience'...telling the signal strength at the time of initial tuning per channel and then realtime while channel surfing please. a nice table layout of channel, and then signal strength % mapping to poor, ok, good would be great.

• Hi Wiesel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea. I need to find a good position for antenna, because the radio reception of the tuner is kind of poor compared to the one of the tv set.

• SpacewardAsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed a great idea, especially where I can get a signal from multiple masts and the tuner keeps picking the weakest one at the end of the list :-/

• pauloctd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually a really good idea. Would help with the set up process and just general knowledge of where you should be pointing for best results.

• SLIM 151proof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help to defermine if a problem (Audio popping) is software related or low signal problem

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base