Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Rename channel to aid in voice recognition

Please allow the customization of a channel name as some cable providers have insanely long names for channels and we must say the entire name for voice driven channel switching.

For example, the fox sports channel in my area is called "Fox Sports Southwest HDTV (Dallas DMA) 24/7".

So I have to say "xbox watch fox sports southwest HDTV dallas DMA 24 7" to tune that channel by voice. Geesh...

I'd be a big fan of simply having to say "xbox watch fox sports".

211 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

tewehner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • LegoNinja187 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see why you would like to have this function, personally I don't have that issue, but I would like to be able to rename the channels to something else.

• Perfect Zer0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this rather obvious idea needs to be added to ANY search/voice function. for example requesting "Forza" via voice or any other method should result in pulling up a list of option placing the content you own at the top of the list. This is the most content friendly option.

• LOS Reaper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to train the xbox to recognize how you identify a channel would be another way to have this work.. for example locally we have a radio station called kiss fm 105.3 .. its available on my cable channel 912 but i cant get the xbox to recognize "xbox, watch KISS 105.3" even though thats how its listed on OneGuide, so an option to select the channel, pull up a menu & select a "teach" command that has you repeat how you say it a few times so kinect can learn how to recognize it would be useful.

• thedeadgoose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree.. In the UK some channels aren't recognised at all.. If we could add custom names that would be great

• GrandOwl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with our local Fox Sports affiliate - Watch Sun Sports 24/7 HDTV (North Lightning, Rays, Magic). Instead I go to a neighboring channel and use OneGuide to get to the one I want.

In addition, the Xbox has a hard time distinguishing CBS, PBS (of which we have 3 affiliates, so it doesn't know which one), and TBS or ESPN 2, ESPNews, and ESPNU.

It would be nice to be able to say the channel's number instead of the name.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base