Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Allow manual assignment of TV channel numbers to TV channels

Not everyone who uses Xbox One with their IPTV box has their tv provider supported right now.

For example, I'm with a local company in Indiana called Metronet, instead of Comcast or DirecTV.

It's been 10 months since launch and Metronet is still not supported on the One Guide.

So for me and others like me, allow us to manual assign channel numbers to tv channels so we can enjoy the guide and kinect like everyone else.

166 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LakeWater2187 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • El DMG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im paying for the premium package of FOX, wich are 6 channels, in xbox one guide it only shows 3.. im missing half of channels

• mrgame 007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important to support a great number of external boxes. It would be maybe useful to upload specific user-configurations. For example Technisat set-top-boxes are using the ISIPRO channel list for satellite.

• SafeHorizon5121 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to set up a custom satellite box if you cannot find it on the list.

Like on some smart remotes you can "teach" it your remote commands if your system is not in the list.

• ahlman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I reported before. A huge problem for me. Oneguide is useless because of this. For an example, I can't watch Discovery any more. When i choose it, the Xbox then jumps from that channel to the wrong number. That's so f...g sad you can't manually correct this by your own.

• Cordebois79 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do more update on channel with oneguide
    My provider (videotron) had channel 623/624 and on one guide I had only 623. Recently they move channel 634 to 656 and still wait for the update
    thank you to do all change faster as possible

• PandAPoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would expect this to be a relatively simple enhancement to the OneGuide.
    For example: I want to watch channel 36, but in order to get there I need the Xbox to send out
    "68-36" to tune to that channel. My cable provider has identified channel 36 as 68-36 (QAM channel). The One Guide has the correct program information, but does not know my special requirement of having to type in those extra numbers to get there.

• gameasdorius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important, also here in europe, especially Germany. A lot of people here use freely available satellite or terrestrical recievers / set-top-boxes for watching television. These don't follow any channel number restrictions like cable boxes do. You can arrange channel numbers by yourself. Rather than messing around with the settings in my reciever/set-top-box, which won't work properly if there are gaps between channel numbers, let me add, move and remove channels in One Guide.

• olli969 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea, for me some Pay TV channels don't show up in the Xbox Channel List, I'd love to add them manually.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base