Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Enable Xbox One to function like a Slingbox

Why not allow the Xbox one to stream live TV to your smartphone from anywhere. Not just on your home network. This would be an awesome feature

597 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CrudeOPS537 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CyberMiguelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it can be done. You just have to use the Xbox app on Windows 10 and connect to your house using a VPN server (it's quite easy, really).

• Player547134050 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here i use hdmi passthrough with Ziggo TV in the Netherlands and, i also miss smartglass stream functions where the USB TV tuner supports this. The problem is that it only supports the free to air channels.

• Tha Fury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great for me. My Slingbox just died and it cost $299.95. I rather buy another Xbox One than another Slingbox at that price point. This will also make it were there will be no reason to ever buy a Slingbox.

• sala91 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame, that my hdmi plugged in cable box cannot be streamed. Blassomy.

• skatestorm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome. I dont want to have to buy a slingbox and have yet another passthrough device.

• cxbox2007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The demo video looked great showing one person playing a game and the other watching tv from tablet.

• CrudeOPS537 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This type of feature would really add more value to the kinect sensor and would be awesome for watching my favorite sports team play while out of town. Please add this feature.

• evilbyte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love placeshifting ... granted, I am using Slingbox right now so this feature is not exactly high priority for me, buconsidering that Xbox is connected to the internet, and can acquire TV signal through it's HDMI, the ability to stream it to the Smartglass app sounds like an obvious feature to me. Airplay/Apple TV support would be stellar.

• CrymeLord707 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is exactly what I want. We can already control the TV remotely with Kinect and Smartglass. Being able to stream what is being displayed on the Xbox remotely means I can watch TV/Xbox Apps anywhere that would be amazing!

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base