Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Xbox One Digital TV Tuner for DVB-S2

Like the newly announced Xbox One Digital TV Tuner ( it would be great to have this for other standards like satellite (DVB-S2).
First of all, the live TV isn't working too good in Germany. Mostly depending on the STB. A standard tuner by Microsoft would be cool then. Perhaps we can get rid of those ugly OSDs from the STBs then. :-)

345 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ZEISMAN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • HikingFlower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keen for this, love using one guide but a pain in the *** having to buy a set top box to watch freesat through the xbox

• Dragotix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still needs a bump!!!! DVB-S2 tuner would be perfect and an absolute standalone thing for the xbox one. Much more than kinect. That would be soooo awesome!

• SpartanC90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. A 2 year old idea, microsoft didnt put any effort in fulfilling. *slow clap*
    Just give us that damn thing! You cant win on the games front, so please make the xbox one at least a better media device than the ps4

• CodeMonkeyCH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an old request, but still one worth implementing. Particularly if you could enable multiple USB tuners. That way I could have one DVB-T2 feed and one DVB-S2 feed, as I used to be able to with Windows Media Centre.

• Iron Maaasel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Updated current XBOX One USB tuner to a DVB-S2 connection. Because in Europe TV received mainly via satellite. Maybe a second Gen like the Xbox One Controller got an Hardware-Update.

• ElSanto84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! please make this come true. This would make the XBOX One to the ultimate media solution! :)

• Trisot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah that would outblast the PS4 in europe. Perfect for a central solution for media...

• OrdenBurrito230 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an DVBS-2 Tuner to watch TV over Satellite. In Germany, many people didn't have cable TV.

Or give us the option to use other usb TV tuners wich could also be used on the PC.

I hope Win 10 will give us a driver to use.

• XBOX XeroX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please develop a new Xbox One Digital TV Tuner to add H.265 support for DVB-T2 or add this via Firmware Update.

Just in case you develop a new one, add a CI slot.

• BolvinBx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The tuner i need from you must be with DVB-S/S2, DVB-T/T2,DVB-C and a CI+ slot please bring it soon!

• Dauerburner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would have been better to throw out an triple tuner, because people with DVBS like me are forced to buy another receiver to use the TV control features of the One :( please bring a DVBS and DVBS 2 tuner soon!

• amardilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get my TV via Freesat (UK) and would love to be able to get rid of the set top box and replace it with a satellite TV Tuner (would be good if it had 2 inputs though).

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base