Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Edit/make personal channel list for OneGuide

Very simple give us an editor where we are able to edit an existing channel list and/or make a personal channel list. Maybe with Smartglass.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from II DSanchez II, korneliusb and others. Thanks Everyone!]

762 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FoXXy Lady Maus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • gameasdorius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Channels should not only be orderable, but also you should be able to assign the channel to the channel number set in your set-top-box / receiver.

• diegojesusxb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My user experience with TV tuner has not been completely satisfactory. I can not sort TV channels and my family are constantly complaining that they do not find the channels as before. Please, this option is common sense.

• Mikkula1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature. I have a ton of useless channels on my list because they are encrypted/paid channels.

• Mondpixel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needed. I have over 380 Channels. Many Channels are encoded so that I can't see the channels. (e.g. Sky, HD+ aso).

Also the channels I needed are so mussy. The Favorite Funktion is not bad, but not mature.

• II DSanchez II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The default channel arrangement of Freeview is a bit of mess, especially with HD channels.
    The ability to arrange & hide channels, as you can on most TV's with a tuner built in, would be very useful.

• Neural MX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needed if you want to make a serious use of the TV Feature. It's got a favorites list, but being unable to reorder them (something every TV allows you to do) is a big problem. I can't let my family use our Xbox One for TV viewing, if they can't find the channels in the same order they are used to.

• Darkclaw 618 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, On guide is useless for me as I have the basic channel package from DirecTV and one guide shows ALL the channels offered from DirecTV.
    The trending feature shows channels I can't get because I don't subscribe to the package they are offered in.

I watch most shows via Hulu Plus and Netflix

• eepyaich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even for those of us who do not have personal channel numbering, we may have channel's which are not in the package we pay for. Currently these are now showing up in the new "Trending TV" preview feature, which is annoying as I don't want to know what is trending on channels I don't have!

At least the ability to hide channels we don't want would be something.

• lnakkerud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to align the channels in OneGuide to my decoder before this makes any sense at all.The default channels in OneGuide for my provider contains all channels regardless of what channel package I have, and the channels are not sorted according to my decoder.

• Fingleberries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we could select the channels we like (i.e. from Freesat / Saorview) and put them in the order we would like (e.g. channel 1, 2, 3 and not 801, 802, etc.) that would be great.

• tihino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to tailor my own channel list.

Hide unwanted channels
    If i don't have access to it or never watch it i should be able to hide it.

Reorder channels
    Everyone has his/her personal order they think are best, xbox should adapt to this and not force us to use the standard order.

Change channel numbers
    I want Channel 1 on 1, Channel 2 on 2, ... Channel 12 on 12. That way i can remember it, and easily swap between channels.
    We should be able to change the listings on our tv box and then remap the channels on our xbox. So channel 2 is no longer 402 instead its just 2.

• HerrVorragend82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's the most important feature in TV!! I can not understand why this is not possible when there user has to reset your channel list in his settopbox so that he can not use it any longer without Xbox no one will do that and that makes the whole feature totally useless. Especially when the possibilities to revise control the settopbox are as small as they are at the moment. Controlling channels over Xbox... Controlling everything else with the original remote control... no one will do that!!! So please give us the possibility to adapt the channel listing from the settopbox.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base