Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Edit/make personal channel list for OneGuide

Very simple give us an editor where we are able to edit an existing channel list and/or make a personal channel list. Maybe with Smartglass.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from II DSanchez II, korneliusb and others. Thanks Everyone!]

762 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FoXXy Lady Maus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tescorian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All HD channels are the last channels. Even if you go on favourites and select HD channels as first channels they go to the end. Nobody wants to watch SD instead of HD so let me put them at the top please

• PandAPoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would expect this to be a relatively simple enhancement to the OneGuide.
    For example: I want to watch channel 36, but in order to get there I need the Xbox to send out
    "68-36" to tune to that channel. My cable provider has identified channel 36 as 68-36 (QAM channel). The One Guide has the correct program information, but does not know my special requirement of having to type in those extra numbers to get there.

• fhe smiter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im in Hawaii and use Hawaii telcom and they aren't listed in the oneguide so this would be good so I can save a few channels that I watch the most

• the louster2903 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be a great feature, i really need this because my channels get messed up alot because of there numbers

• eXLarge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm watching TV through my Xbox but can't use the OneGuide (I'd love to) as the few options that are given to me in Austria aren't enough. Having a Set-Top-Box with an individual channellist this feature would finally let me use OneGuide.

• MacVirus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature, especially here in germany. So please don't let this idea die!
    There MUST be a function to sort the chanel list as i have it on my TV Receiver.
    If this won't be implemented, there is no Chance to get all of my family mempers to use the One Guide.

• Shin Kintsurugi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have this option as well. There's tons of military folk stationed in Japan with xbox ones. Xbox One guide doesn't support the networks out here, customer support confirmed. This would be the next best thing.

• VBTroubleshoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Windows insider I definitely have to say this idea needs to be made a priority. Even for the basic user yonu are stuck waiting on an update from your TV provider when they rearrange channel lineups. For more advanced users the app will appear almost useless since it is almost totally out of user control except for making very basic changes.

• rising inf3rn0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on microsoft, this is a big issue which needs to be addressed asap !!!!! the whole one guide is completely useless without this feature. you promised this console would revolutionize watching tv, but we can not rearrange channels ?? even the mini guide, which is a nice idea, is completely useless without the ability of rearranging channel numbers. come on you have been focused on games for the past 12 months, which i do understand, but now take care and fix tv !!! PLEASE PLEASE =/

• ZozoTahiti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally agree, in my country, French Polynesia, we have all French TNT, TNTSAT channels, but no way, our TV provider won't officially publish TV list and programs. It would be nice to add custom channels list. Then OneGuide could search for TV programs automatically. At least we could have voices commands with Kinect also.

• Rajadhi Raja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. I just hooked up my new XBox One last night. I was very excited about this GuideOne thing. Our routine is basically "What's to watch on Hulu? (browse browse browse) Well, how about Netflix? (browse browse browse) Amazon?..."

But alas, I am shocked by what a useless waste of pixels OneGuide is.

• Lomer Dix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitly need this! Especially since there are no numbers on the remote to jump to channels.

• gameasdorius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't let this idea die! This is a very important feature, especially in germany. Channel numbers differ from user to user, so plaese let us arrange them in One Guide too.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base