Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Edit/make personal channel list for OneGuide

Very simple give us an editor where we are able to edit an existing channel list and/or make a personal channel list. Maybe with Smartglass.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from II DSanchez II, korneliusb and others. Thanks Everyone!]

762 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FoXXy Lady Maus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to do this with one of my cable providers, so that each person in the house had their own custom list of channels to watch. It'd be great to see this feature on OneGuide!

• Sean Franchise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS PLEASE!

I use my Xbox for streaming content and watching TV as much or more than for gaming.

The OneGuide has potential to be a great hub for all entertainment content, and app channels/Universal Windows Apps provide the foundation for the perfect integration.

Please work with your top app developers (Netflix, Hulu, HBO) to get favorites/list shows/etc. into the OneGuide!

• ddavis3506 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of going to the OneGuide Menu to then click on App Channels. Allow App Channels to be placed on All Channels along with Live TV. You can then expand the categories (Hulu, Netflix, Sling TV, etc) to see what is available. Also, treat those apps like a channel, so you can still pull up the OneGuide in the app. If you change to the channel there could be a listing of popular streaming options or the personal watch list, much like many On-Demand services. Live Services such as Sling TV or various News apps could have a schedule, just like OTA. This would make the OneGuide experience more smooth.

• chechill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WOW!!! congratulations MS.
    2 years after first post and today we can't edit/delete the channel list. A basic feature for the next gen...
    Really awesome

• TimmyTheSnail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so you can change the order of channels on the one guide. Sort've how you can now arrange your pins individually, just with TV channels instead

• Neural MX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really needed. That's a basic TV feature and I can't understand why Xbox One lacks it. If I mainly watch some channels, I'd like to make them top of the list so I don't have to scroll all the way down. Favorites help with this, but it isn't enough.

• HelplessMoney64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just thought of something else that would work as well. Just allow more than one listing to be entered. And instead of the user having to enter in each available network you guys at MS could just add Sling as a provider, so you can just select it and select Antenna and all your locals would be listed along with sling channels below them. I know I mentioned sling alot but I want my wwe network in my TV listings as well. Basically any app you can add that has a live stream where things come on at set times.

• HelplessMoney64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to make a custom TV Listing to include my local channels as well as channels I get with various apps.

I have an OTA DVR box now that gets locals, live streaming channels, and has the sling tv app. It is a Channel Master DVR+. I use this more than any other device in my living room.

I love the guide it gives me my locals, and the streaming channels all in one guide. There is one problem though, and that is that the apps are separate from the guide.

This means that in order for me to say see what is coming on at a given time I have to scroll through my program guide to see what is coming on my local or streaming channels I get with my DVR box, then when done with that load the Sling App and then go through those channels(all individually which is a pain) to see what is coming on them, meanwhile forgetting by all that time has passed what is coming on the other channels.

If you create a database of all the available networks and apps that play those networks you could allow for custom TV listings so that way you can choose Antenna(or cable or sat provider) and then on top of that you can select a network then an app you have that allows you to watch that channel.

Then you will have a guide with everything available to you. If you go through the guide and click something that is an antenna channel(or cable or satellite) it controls that device for you and you watch that. If you were to click on an app channel(when a user sets it up they pre select which app they have the channel on) it automatically loads that app. It wouldn't go to the channel for you but at least you know what is coming on and once their can go to that channel yourself. Who knows though maybe you could get together with sling and other app makers and get it set up so it opens the app and also goes to that channel you clicked which would even be greater.

• Asus 48 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be really handy. I like the idea of removing SD duplicates but the channel order has been burned into my brain for thirty years. BBC One MUST be top of the list...

• Mavro Drakos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Erm anyone listening to this? + 1 from me. If I can't make this easy for my family to use then oneguide is never going to happen in my house. Get it right and Xbox wins the living room by appealing to the whole family.

• Kryptonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BBC One HD is channel 101, BBC One SD is channel 1. If you hide the SD duplicates, you have to scroll way down the list to the HD version. If you set it as a favourite, it's down the list again if you have other favourites. Obviously if you display only HD channels you will lose all the non-HD channels.

Allowing the user to reorder the channels manually or the system to replace the SD channels with the HD versions would be ideal.

• andhans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we need it, come on!!!!!!! even no change in nxoe ? r u kiddin .....and start merge all ideas channel by number , edit list, update of providers etc.
    I know u r focusing on players and games but a lot ofus love kinect and entertaing stuff, don t ya forget bout us

• X30 Go1jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still a thing...Never used OneGuide for more than 2 years now - because if I see something interesting in the guide, I can't simply click on it to watch it.

• Meester K1LL3R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The TV listings populate in a random order and even with being able to hide standard/high definition duplicate channels it doesn't solve the problem of the listings being randomly placed.

• hallower1980 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't watch live TV, so OneGuide for me only regards apps.

As it functions now, OneGuide fills most of the screen with shows and movies from apps that I don't have and don't care to use. I have one subscription service (Amazon) and don't plan to add another (Hulu, Sling, HBO, etc). I also have some free apps (YouTube, FoxNow) but don't plan to own them all. So most of the OneGuide is wasted on me.

If OneGuide took into account what apps I have installed, it would be more helpful. Or allow us to customize the order and/or scope of app channels and ad tiles. If OneGuide is mainly ads for things I don't use, I will skip it.

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base