Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Be able to "search" within the OneGuide

It would be really helpful to be able to search for a program within the OneGuide. Instead of scrolling through all of the channels, you'd be able to search by genre or sport, or simply by typing in the name of the program.

539 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Babakak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a search box and maybe even a voice search (I mean, we can "Bing" search with Cortana, why not voice search for a show or movie?)...

• drdrowe1970 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this should be standard... Xbox user experience is poorer than the Windows 7 media centre!

• Blake Sellers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding this feature again would be awesome. It would also be so helpful to have it added. I always have to scroll thru the entire guide because I can't search for a show or type a channel number in to go to.

• Nate Cornejo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a basic feature that literally every modern cable box has, that it's shocking it wasn't available at launch, let alone two years later.

• cesomeonec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search for TV show (if don't know station, what tine its on, or next available time), station (don't know which channel or don't want to scroll through to find)

• destructoDan75 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this would be a great feature for events such as the Grand Prix that are not scheduled regularly. Search would be great to see if the grand prix is on this weekend and at what time

• uwleahcim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will be really useful for tuning into sport event programming. I don't always know which channel an event is happening on.

• Wotans Erben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, i completely agree. I was looking for show on TV, because a friend told me that there is a new show on that certain channel right now. I knew the channel, but didn't know the channel number. With todays hundreds of channels it's hard to find something immediately.

It would be much easier to search the oneguide for keywords and then you get a result of all channels where the current (or next) program text contains the search phrase you are looking for.

Great idea!!!

• xX Colt M16 Xx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea! Would like to search by name of actor/director, title of show and channel/genre as you said. I really like the OneGuide concept but at the same time it would be cool to see it evolve. It could also use a speedboost upon loading up on the tv. Thanks.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base