Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

HDMI Pass-through whilst console is off

There will be times when you want to watch TV but not want to have your Xbox on and it would be handy if you could do that. AV receivers can do it and I in my opinion, the Xbox One could benefit from such a feature.

4,619 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

J Meiser J shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

208 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great upgrade! Let's hope that they can add it via software update; otherwise, it may just be something we have to hope is made available via the Xbox One X (Project Scorpio) hardware.

• ToxicTadpole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree, many 4K TVs are limited to 2x 4K inputs from an HDMI source and normally a 3rd hdmi 2 port (LG sets for example) meaning that lots of cable swapping if you have a PS4 as well and have other things plugged in. Xbox have laid a solid foundation with this idea it just needs to be implemented fully to be of any use. Who wants to have turn on a console to watch TV every time?

• Snotmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, this is common sense! The fact that it's not an option shows a near terminal lack of foresight. This goof is like selling a car that only works during certain hours of the day.

• LordCrash101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Enyxiel760 your clearly missing the point... having the TV running through the Xbox is great, and yes I do use the additional features you talk about... but forcing you to have a console on just so you can watch TV as many many others have pointed out is a waste of money (electricity bill) and seriously affecting the life span of the console (you cannot tell me/anyone here that having it on doesn't affect the console's lifespan).

How MS can continue to ignore this thread (and all the other threads asking for the same thing) is rediculous. Clearly shows that MS doesn't really care about the fans thoughts.

• orion442 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable! I can't believe this doesn't work. I have all inputs used and this would have been great to add a temp device. Very dissatisfied.

• Iggy82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised this wasn't a feature already so my Youview box has gone back to being plugged into my AV receiver for now. Seems a waste of energy and another thing to turn off if the Xbox has to be on to enable the TV throughput, shame as I like the idea of suggested TV shows, etc with options to watch live or streamed content mixed together.

• vshore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought an hdmi splitter so I could use this option when I wanted to. I get video and audio from the Xbox when I use the hdmi associated with it. I only get video when I used the hdmi associated with the cable box. Any idea as to why I get no audio when I use the hdmi asscocisted with the cable box?

• JinnKarr USA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please fix this for now , that i know this unhooking it and going back to the old way how stupid, i have to have my xbox on to watch tv.

• Enyxiel760 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im failing to see a real issue here. I can see how having a passthrough would be helpful but it just seems unnecessary.

You're obviously not using the additional xbox features for tv if you want the xbox to be off so why bother connecting it at all? Just connect it directly into the tv and the problem is solved.

• ModestWarrior15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worthless system. Microsoft stopped caring once ps4 beat it. You won't ever see a passthrough. Enjoy your picture of the xbox one on your screen for 15 minutes while the system updates itself... again.

• plcote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be nice to if we could activate the pass-throught when we play with the streaming feature from a PC to free the TV screen.

• ebruschi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute MUST HAVE feature to make it easier for anyone in our home enjoy this amazing feature of Xbox One. I hope next update pack brings it.

• StainedCub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent a half hour looking threw the settings trying to find a way to do this. I cant believe you would need to have your console on to watch tv threw the xbone. Unreal

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base