Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Reminder Notification when a TV show starts

I'd like to see a way to set reminders for TV shows in OneGuide, then be notified on when the show is about to start on my Xbox, or even better on my phone with notifications from Smartglass if my Xbox isn't on.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from LyvGamer and others. Thanks everyone!]

2,839 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

King Ding DanH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ya Boi CrazyX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great addition, to help better TV viewing from Xbox. Or have it setup to where it automatically starts, once you let it know what time the show comes on.

• Svissloki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree ! ...this is the first thing i noticed that was missing when i purchased this recently.

Since MS seem to be to lazy to add a small software update, return your tuner for a refund!

That is what i am doing.

I notice that even if a uservoice gets a HUGE amount of votes, MS does nothing.

Profit is king, convenience and enjoyment for customers come last with Microsoft.

• LegoNinja187 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have. I have nearly missed the start of many shows while i was playing games.

• U2boy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will be even more useful since WE WONT BE ABLE TO RECORD OUR SHOWS and will have no choice but to watch everything live. SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT! Release the DVR feature as promised!

• Pac the God commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome to have Cortana let us know when our tv shows or movies are about to start.

• TimmyTheSnail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to be reminded when a program is about to start then you can press a button on that program and a reminder will come up on your Xbox when the program is close to starting

• robxb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have Xbox One remind me when new episodes of my favourite TV Shows are about to start, this way I can pause my game then watch my show.

I would also like to be able to go in One Guide and select an upcoming show or movie that I'd like to watch, then have a notification come up allowing me to select it when the show begins.

• frostedout206 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be nice to see what's coming on later and have xbox automatically switch channels when something you have scheduled comes on. or at least get a notification for it even if you decide to schedule a show then go play a game for a while.

• sicthegamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ooh, yes! Often times I'm busy gaming and the time for my show to start whizzes on by, sadly. With reminders, I never have to miss a show again because I lost track of the time.

• LittleRav3n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, this would be great functionality.... please develop something like this, even basic program scheduling would be great.

• Big Poppa Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we get a reminder notification when a show/film is about to start if we say set a reminder from smartglass or the one guide. Nothing worse than playing a game and then missing your fav TV show.

• Bollix10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox 360 was able to do this with 1 vs 100. I LOVED when I'd be playing a game and then I'd be notified my 1 vs 100 game was starting in 5 minutes. Please bring this to OneGuide. Thanks.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base