Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Sign in to your cable provider account to get cable on Xbox one

I don't have a HD box and want to have cable on my Xbox one so I was thinking what if we just sign on Xbox one with our username and password for our cable provider. We can block what people see and can be use just like on your tv.

138 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

STRIPsACK79 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • AIR IK BREATHES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think our cable providers should each make a free Xbox app "that snaps" for the store that can link us to our cable box without even plugging it into our console so we can watch our recorded TV channels and the ones we pay for. And there should be some kind of way that the Xbox remembers our cable provider so we don't have to confirm them for each TV channel app with the cable provider we have. The TV channel apps sometimes forget our cable provider after an Xbox update we get so we have to confirm our cable provider again.

• Tywoods327 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay so I had bought a USB TV Tuner today and was super excited to use it. I get home and since I live so close to the border of Mexico I could only receive channels in Spanish. I myself am not bilingual. So I thought I had a GREAT idea by plugging my Dish Satellite Coax cable straight into the USB TV Tuner. Come to find out it does not work. My service providers box is in a different room as I am sure it is with other peoples. I feel it would be a great idea to have this be a compatible solution. I was also looking into Wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver to avoid buying 100+ foot of cable and drilling holes into the walls.

• Randomz89101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can see how this could help people, but the majority of modern cable suppliers do have HDMI boxes, and the cable providers themselves would have to give Microsoft permission to do so, so as useful as this suggestion might be, it seams improbable.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base