Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Develop an external DVR add-on

Develop an external dvr add-on box that would include CPU/RAM, 1-4 HD spaces and 4 slots for slotting in dual tuner cards for a total of 8 tuners. It would only have a power cord, USB cable to Xbox One for video signal & syncing guide data and an aerial socket to connect to wall. There would be no burden what so ever on the Xbox at all.

139 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Duncan Garnett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • AngelObullets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is already possiable by using the one drive to download to your pc to do with your captures and as ExoSniper said there is a few captures cards out there personally I use the Elgato capture card that works wonders

• ExoSniperUK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree with this because there are very good capture cards and externals out there already. Let Microsoft make or improve products that they are good at producing.

• Internet Expert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're basically asking for Microsoft to develop a full-fledged media-recording workstation desktop computer.

As an Xbox accessory.

I need an aspirin. I was not ready for feedback ideas tonight.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base