Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Option to Remove OneGuide from the NXOE Dashboard

Please let the OneGuide be hidden or disabled. I don't have TV and have ZERO use for the OneGuide. To have to scroll by the new tab just to get to everything it is quite annoying. It slows things down and uses alot of data for people on metered connections.

363 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BumSkull623 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jimbob2134 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I for one would really appreciate this. I don't use the TV features on my Xbox. To me, my Xbox One is purely a gaming machine (and the very occasional DVD/Blu-Ray player). So the one guide is just an unnecessary tab for me. I would be happy to switch it off.

• IngoingRope0829 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My TV don't need a Digibox. OneGuide has no option to be connected straight to TV. Every time I open Xbox OneGuide wants to be connected with my DigiBox. Annoying.

SHould I buy digibox I don't need to get over with the situation?

• BOOKER B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im not interested in whats trendind or whats going on in the community or activity feed and these do eat up alot of processing power i just would like the option to turn it off i am just a normal gamer who upgraded from a 360 just before novembers update i was quite happy with what i had then (before update) now my experience is just rubbish im now thinking of selling and buying a ps4 for the sake of giving us options to turn stuff off im sure the microsoft team can do this for us i just use party chat and messaging and game invites nothing more is needed for us few

• BOOKER B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont know if its everyones thing but i bought the xbox one for a gaming console i dont use the OneGuide to me its compleat rubbish plus it slows the console down id like the option to remove it or turn it off the xbox one is suppose to be fast the 360 starts up alot faster even downloads seem faster i paid £400 on an elite its just not fast at all

• SFmonsterdark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove or hide the one guide. I use my TV with my xbox one and I don't use one guide. I use the TV icon in my stuff or voice command.

• I TBAGALLDAY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also they should remove the community tab i dont care what people are doing it aint Facebook!!!

• InitialWeevil91 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be an option to turn off one guide. It's very annoying and not helpful at all. It makes my Xbox lag so much that it takes about 5 seconds to respond when I push a button. I've tried searching for an option to turn it off and there doesn't seem to be one. I would like to remove it all together since I will never use it. The layout of the home screen with one guide also really sucks.

• Quik VeL0ciTY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's so annoying having the Xbox One OneGuide screen up as soon as you load into the console. I think we should have the option to completely remove the OneGuide, so we don't have to have it load up when we go into the xbox one. Not only this but for some reason whenever me and alot of others talk with the Kinect, OneGuide thinks we are talking to it, and we get a notification. Let us disable OneGuide!

• BC KillerBee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I don't use the OneGuide and it would be beneficial to be able to hide it on the Dashboard.

• vincentw56 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For people who don't use the XB One for Live TV, there should be a way to hide or remove the OneGuide from showing on the main screen in the NXOE.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base