Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Over-the-Air TV DVR - NAS Support

Once DVR functionality is added for OTA TV, it would be great if the Xbox could write the recorded shows to a network location.

In my home we have a Synology NAS, and I currently have a laptop setup with a TV Tuner to record shows to my Synology. I then use the "play to" functionality to play the shows to the Xbox One. With having so much storage on my NAS, I like not having to worry about taking up too much space with storage. Additionally, I would like being able to use my NAS to save recordings instead of having to buy an external hard drive for my Xbox One.

If the Xbox One were able to record to a network location, and then play recordings from that same network location it would be the perfect device for my home.

439 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ShackMonkey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ryanlr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. We have a QNAP network drive running Plex. If it could record a show and save it, that would be really useful. Even if it couldn't name it properly or put in exactly the right folder, just being on the right hard drive would save a fair bit of time when you want to watch it.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base