OneGuide & Live TV

Here you can find ideas and requests for OneGuide, how OneGuide integrates and interacts with other Xbox Apps, as well as the Live TV experience.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the OneGuide & Live TV forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Bring the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner to the US

Love the new Digital TV Tuner just announced for the UK & Europe, but what about those in the US who don't use a cable box or have cut the cord entirely? Thought about some of those other devices, but I want an official integrated device that just works. So please bring it to the US, thanks!

1,563 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

283 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Boot to TV

I think this is already in the works but I wanted to get it voted on. I'd like the console to boot to TV instead of the dash and then having to say Xbox Watch TV ... an option to have it either way would be nice.

807 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for USB TV Tuners/sell an official Xbox Freeview TV Tuner

As the title suggests, I feel it would be a good idea to allow for support of Freeview channels via a USB TV tuner. As someone who does not have a cable TV box in my room but does have a coaxial lead, it would be nice to be able to watch Freeview through my Xbox instead of my PC. It's definitely cheaper to buy a TV tuner and coaxial lead than a cable subscription and would make TV on Xbox One more accessible to more people.

671 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bypass Cable or satelite box

I know this is a long shot but Microsoft should work with cable companies to come out with a device like the old cable cards where the xbox turns into the cable box or satellite box. this way I don't have to have an extra box from the cable company. Just one cable cord from the wall into the xbox adapter for cable.

570 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Miss Valent1ne responded

The Xbox One offers a variety of options for accessing both live streaming television and on demand programming. Some of these options include Sling TV and AT&T U-verse, though the Xbox team is always looking to grow our services. If you’d like to suggest other methods for bypassing a cable or satellite box, including partnerships with various cable companies, please make new posts that include specific information such as the cable provider you’d like to see support such a feature.

5. Add a "Last Channel" option

Add the ability to return to the previous channel you were watching.

538 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Only try to turn on my TV if it is off

When i go from watch something via Chromecast and then want to turn on my xbox and play a game the xbox actually turns off my tv. It would be great if the xbox could detect that the TV is already on and not send the Power command

513 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Misses Joust responded

You now have more refined control over your connected devices! To customize your TV power settings, go to Settings > Power & Startup > TV & A/V Power Options.

7. Show a mini TV when using the Oneguide

Currently if you browse the one guide whilst watching TV you miss whatever's on the screen.

Please add a mini TV in the corner similar to most cable boxes

365 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Australian OneGuide support for Free-to-Air and Foxtel release.

Release OneGuide for Australian Free-to-Air TV along with an Xbox One Foxtel TV App with Guide support so that the console is finally an all-for-one Living Room entertainment hub like MS originally pitched to us all!

Please.....

335 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix Slow OneGuide Delay

The delay when pressing info or displaying OneGuide is too long. Almost makes you want to go back to your cable or dish provider box. Given the quality of those boxes, that's not saying much...

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from Deckem2 and others. Thanks everyone!]

282 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More cable/sat/IP TV support

I would realy like to use the OneGuide and TV functionllity of my Xbox One. But it turns out not all TV poviders are supported.
    I am using Telekom's Entertain (germany) and have no advantage of the OneGuide. Would be great to see improvments here!

263 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Miss Valent1ne responded

You can check your region and carrier by going to http://www.msn.com/tv/programmes-tv and selecting your region. As we continue to add new carriers, you can also go to Settings > TV & OneGuide > Troubleshooting > Report a OneGuide problem and this will notify our Live TV teams to look at your region’s OneGuide settings and information.

11. One Guide for Brazil

We still don't have the same experience of usa users.

69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner + OneGuide to Australia

Bring feature parity to the Xbox One with the Digital TV Tuner accessory and OneGuide support! We love our free-to-view TV in Australia and the Xbox One would make the perfect accessory to that, actually being the dream that Microsoft created at E3 2013.

Why does the US always have to be first, rather than supporting multiple regions? It's advertised in every country that it's sold as a TV viewing device, yet it's not.

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 5.1 Surround Sound Support for Hauppauge USB TV Tuner

Currently all over the air broadcast use stereo sound for everything (even when surround sound is selected in the one guide settings). There is alot of over the air content (football games etc..) that use 5.1 surround. Add support for 5.1 surround when using the USB tv tuner.

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Misses Joust responded

Thanks for your Feedback! We’re happy to announce that we have increased the size of the snapped TV window in the July update.

15. Live TV Apps using Oneguide

Currently there is a FIOS TV app, but it uses its own internal tuning and On-Demand access. This is absolutely not how this should be handled; we have the excellent OneGuide and that should be the primary (if not only) way that app-based IPTV is accessed.

Also, more Live TV apps w/ On-Demand (like we had on the 360 with xfinity and Time Warner Cable) should be launched, and they too should be leveraging the OneGuide.

Thanks for listening!

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. TV Pass-through Panning Red Flicker

Hi all, There seems to be a problem with the Xbox One TV pass through effecting the image with high intensity red. The problem is noticeable as flickering when red areas are panning across the screen. You can see this quite clearly when watching a football team wearing red, or any motor racing. I'm surprised this isn't more widely reported online, but I suspect the issue has been masked behind the 50 - 60Hz TV output problem. There is a few mentions on reddit and avforums.com about this though so I don't believe I'm unique in seeing this.

I'm in…

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Miniguide Favorites List

Currently in the MiniGuide, if you can hit up/down to activate the MG. It would be awesome if you hit Up to get the full MiniGuide and hit Down and you get a list of your favorites in the MiniGuide.

This would be amazing and cut back on scrolling through hundreds of channels.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add channels freetv (Freebox) support

add channels freetv (freebox)

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Xbox Miniguide" command & Gesture

This is a request to implement calling up the Mini-guide via Voice command "Xbox Mini-guide"and/or via swipe up gesture.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

OneGuide & Live TV

Feedback and Knowledge Base