OneGuide & Live TV

Here you can find ideas and requests for OneGuide, how OneGuide integrates and interacts with other Xbox Apps, as well as the Live TV experience.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the OneGuide & Live TV forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Xbox One DVR functionality with Digital TV Tuner

Record in One guide

[Mod Edit: Description Below was added from a similar idea created by Master Domy85]

Please, complete the TV experience on Xbox One with a DVR app that can record TV shows, in real time or scheduled keeping Xbox One in stand-by state. This step will finally make the Xbox TV really useful.
    I hope this will be possible at least with the new Digital TV Tuner and its free contents over the air. I'm an italian user and I don't know if this is possible in US with cable TV.
    Would be great if Xbox could…

6,283 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1222 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve decided to put development of DVR for Over-the-Air TV on hold to focus our attention on launching new, higher fan-requested gaming experiences across Xbox One and Windows 10. We’re always listening to fan feedback and we look forward to bringing more requested experiences on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Live this year. – Team Xbox

2. Reminder Notification when a TV show starts

I'd like to see a way to set reminders for TV shows in OneGuide, then be notified on when the show is about to start on my Xbox, or even better on my phone with notifications from Smartglass if my Xbox isn't on.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from LyvGamer and others. Thanks everyone!]

2,841 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a DVR app to Control Existing DVR

The app could be simply called DVR and have all of the shows stored on your home DVR in the app so that you could access them. That way you could also have commands like "XBOX, watch The Backlist on DVR". Assuming you already have recorded the backlist onto your DVR. This app would also be great so that you can just use the controller/voice for accessing your recorded DVR shows instead of having to pull out a remote when you are already using the controller/voice for everything else.

[MOD edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea…

1,952 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change channel by speaking number

Be nice to be able to say xbox turn to channel 7-2-0 As it is right now I cannot change the channel to Extra innings package, Center Ice package or NFL Sunday Ticket package because the channels are all listed as NFL-(channel number) same with other league sports packages.

1,673 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 909 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit/make personal channel list for OneGuide

Very simple give us an editor where we are able to edit an existing channel list and/or make a personal channel list. Maybe with Smartglass.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from II DSanchez II, korneliusb and others. Thanks Everyone!]

757 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 576 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to "search" within the OneGuide

It would be really helpful to be able to search for a program within the OneGuide. Instead of scrolling through all of the channels, you'd be able to search by genre or sport, or simply by typing in the name of the program.

540 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring Back OneGuide Search Feature

As of the most recent update available through the Xbox Preview Program, the search button on the OneGuide tab is no longer there (it used to be on the far right side of the screen). It's difficult to put into words how immensely useful this feature was, and how often I utilized it. I don't have cable, so I rely on 10+ Xbox apps to watch movies and TV. Searching across all of these apps for specific titles saved so much time and headache. I don't understand why this feature was taken away and would really like to see it…

467 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cortana OneGuide integration

Add the onguide database to cortanas knowledge-base enabling a world of possibilities like potential to ask your wp8.1 device when a show comes on and then using kinect can autotune,remind,or record the given program as well as a secondary phone reminder.Another great idea to throw In is IR blaster support in windows phone 8.x allowing the Xbox one kinect IR control experience possible in that area of the windows ecosystem.

427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sling TV - Full Xbox Integration

Internet TV was optionally set up under the TV & OneGuide setup, but Live TV apps like Sling TV didn’t seem to appear there for full and complete integration into the Xbox scheme of things. Now the setting seems to have been removed and there’s apparently nothing in place to create that integration.

This is unfortunate as it leaves a few of the Xbox apps feeling disintegrated at best. Sling TV is one such app. Due to its very nature and design, Sling TV should be given the deepest integration possible with the Xbox; fully passing as TV when "Xbox…

423 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to Remove OneGuide from the NXOE Dashboard

Please let the OneGuide be hidden or disabled. I don't have TV and have ZERO use for the OneGuide. To have to scroll by the new tab just to get to everything it is quite annoying. It slows things down and uses alot of data for people on metered connections.

363 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OneGuide - Hide Apps that you don't use

The new update gives you recommendations from youtube, amazon, netflix etc.

But it also shows videos from apps i don't use like blink box, weak.

The ability to hide apps i don't use and display ones that i do use would make the one guide more appealing

325 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. DLNA OneGuide integration

Your DLNA movies/TV shows show up in Xbox one OneGuide, so you can access your network content super quick

243 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Turn off cable box when not watching TV

My cable box turns on/off with my Xbox which is fine. But if I am playing games for 3 hours my cable box sits there eating energy. Can't the cable box turn on/off as the watch TV function is used?

227 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow manual assignment of TV channel numbers to TV channels

Not everyone who uses Xbox One with their IPTV box has their tv provider supported right now.

For example, I'm with a local company in Indiana called Metronet, instead of Comcast or DirecTV.

It's been 10 months since launch and Metronet is still not supported on the One Guide.

So for me and others like me, allow us to manual assign channel numbers to tv channels so we can enjoy the guide and kinect like everyone else.

162 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add An Autotune Functionality to the OneGuide

In essence what I'm asking for is that when I find something in the OneGuide that I want to watch but its in the future, so later on tonight at 10:30 for example, I'd like to be able to set an "autotune" function so that when that show is about to come on the Xbox will say that it is about to switch to that channel automatically because that show is about to come on that was autotuned. And when it would say that it is about to autotune to a channel there would be a prompt that could be…

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve channel selection options in the OneGuide - hide channels, select SD/HD

I receive my TV through a Virgin Media TIVO, but there are many channels I don't ever want to watch, such as the childrens channels and some channels I can't receive in HD, such as Sky1 because of my package.
    At the moment, the OneGuide only allows me to 'prefer HD channels over SD channels', and doesn't allow me to select if I want the SD or HD stream for a specific channel. Also, there are channels listed that I cannot receive at all (or never want to watch) and would like to hide those channels from the OneGuide.

131 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add your subscribed YouTube Channels to OneGuide

Add your subscribed YouTube Channels to One Guide

128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. youtube/Twitch channels + one guide

So I use my Xbox One as my All in One media center but I've been starting to realize it was designed only for those who still rely on off the air channels. I was thinking some things could be done to improve the experience for people who are online only (either by choice or because TV isn't available in their area). This could be done by improving One Guide. Right now Youtube/Twitch/Amazon Instant/Netflix/Etc. connectivity is limited to "most popular" or something that's not very personal and doesn't really reflect how most people use the services. I think the majority…

118 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  OneGuide  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

OneGuide & Live TV

Feedback and Knowledge Base