Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Bring the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner to the US

Love the new Digital TV Tuner just announced for the UK & Europe, but what about those in the US who don't use a cable box or have cut the cord entirely? Thought about some of those other devices, but I want an official integrated device that just works. So please bring it to the US, thanks!

1,563 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AzBat360 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

283 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RekkrOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please bring this to the us. The cutting the cable movement is only getting bigger.

• pierrewashere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really feel Xbox One has all the tools to blow the PS4 out of the water if they just released all the functionality the One is capable of....

• ShiftyPixel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a hugely important issue that would sway my family toward a purchase. Like many here, I have a wife who needs a little bit of convincing. This tuner would do just that by enabling me to shed the HTPC that's noising up our living room.

• CowsGoHiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!!! I only use local cable with a coaxial straight from the wall to the TV, same with my mom. I was gonna buy an Xbox One for my mom as an entertainment center but there's no way to plug the coaxial cable into the Xbox One. Having this will seal the deal and have me buy an Xbox One for her!!!

• GOTYOURBACKNOW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the Homeworx Mediasonic HW-150 PVR as the OTA STB on my xbox one and it works great. (Guide/Voice control etc). I also have a HDHomerun network tuner that I would prefer to use but there is no app on on the xbox one yet (please Microsoft allow network tuners so that I can buy more xbox ones for different rooms) See link below for the OTA STB that does work with the xbox one.
    http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HW-150PVR-HomeWorx-Converter-Recording/dp/B00I2ZBD1U

• TactfulSole0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft just from looking at your feedback page and other websites, consumers want a DTV converter box so, you need to be bring a Xbox One Digital TV Tuner to the United States of America. Hey, Microsoft, you as a company could even make a deal with TiVo and/or Channel-Master to bring a DTV/DVR box to the US Xbox One owners.

• Prezpfarr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft brings the tv tuner for xbox one to the US, I will get rid of my cable box and just use the xbox! Cable companies only give out junk outdated equipment. It'd be so handy to have EVERYTHING thru one device, music, internet, gaming, tv, and netflix! This would be HUGE if Microsoft came out with this.

• ILnD StyleZz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does Microsoft choose to send goodies to people who don't live in the home while not even taking care of matters at the home front first. Are you guys the super power microsoft afraid of the cable companies. That's what it seems like. Your in Ted Turners back pocket. Ted says no to xbox and xbox kisses big cable company ***.

• MileHighMoons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring the tuner to the US. I would love to be able to watch a few free local channels through an antenna over paying for cable. The tuner has been getting awesome reviews, and it would be a shame to not allow loyal US customers the same feature.

1 2 5 7 9 14 15

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base