Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Bring the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner to the US

Love the new Digital TV Tuner just announced for the UK & Europe, but what about those in the US who don't use a cable box or have cut the cord entirely? Thought about some of those other devices, but I want an official integrated device that just works. So please bring it to the US, thanks!

1,563 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AzBat360 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • genEric122 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like Microsoft is not wanting to anger big cable... I would buy another Xbox One if they brought out the tuner and a full DVR.

• CK3210 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second!!! I need native antenna support here in Wilmington Delaware

• Cunningham1420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please release in the us, why not, theres
    a way bigger install base here for something like this then in the UK or Australia. Its almost like a chromecast doggle and look how they've sold like hot cakes here

• SentientGiraffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. No, it's designed for UK channels only. The broadcast technology is different enough that it wouldn't be compatible.
    2. I would doubt it. Sling tv was announced much later and is a separate set of channels. Sling tv is only cable channels and the digital tuner is only OTA. There's currently no overlap.
    3. You can get free broadcast tv by connecting an antenna to your tv. This just allows you to connect the antenna to your Xbox instead and take advantage of the Xbox features.

• mrfrederick1987 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sorry people a few questions i have if anyone wants to answer them.

1. if i buy the tv tuner from the UK will it work in the USA?

2. do you think they are they not bringing it to the usa just yet because of sling tv?

3. i dont get how these tv tuner work. dont the cable or broadcast company think hold on people are getting free tv lets stop this?

• BuddyBing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man, I want this to happen... Would greatly simplify my cord-cutting experience.

• melonheadTX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This NEEDS to be done to bring the xbox one's media capabilities to a wider younger audience that is rejecting traditional cable/satellite en masse.

• colemon1984 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anybody completed a tear down of the UK tv tuner? Wonderin if hardware list atsc compatibility on it?

• TactfulSole0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, Microsoft this would be a great idea to have in the USA since there are a lot of cord cutters in the USA and Canada. This is the one issue as of right now for me on holding out on buying the Xbox One as well as others.

• GDUBBS86 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in the AV industry... Microsoft would sell a ton of these tuners in the US market. I get clients who want to be able to snap OTA almost every day. Many in younger demographics aren't even adopting cable in the first place, and cord cutting is a no brainer for the rest. At $40-60 bucks, the unit would drive accessory sales left and right.

• Georgiev Boris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the region limit for the TV tuner should be removed. I'm getting the idea to limit it by region in order to provide better TV Guide, but in some cases it is not needed. I've bought the tuner only to realize the console refuses to detect it due to the region. If I change it, the tuner works without problems.

• AbandonedDread commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If MS released a dual digital tuner for the Xbox One in the US or allowed network attached tuners like SiliconDust and added DVR functionality for OTA TV, it would be a boon for the cord cutter. Also, if Sling TV provides app channels of its content, a user would have access to local and premium cable content all through the OneGuide for $20/month.

• Gunslinger Tet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, so many people are cutting the cord these days and choosing streaming services and free over the air TV vice the bloated costly cable packages. Now with European markets getting streaming to Android devices, using the Digital TV Tuner for our US and Canadian Over the Air transmissions has people salivating. Please offer a Xbox One Digital TV Tuner to us in Canada and the US!

• RobbieRobski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd buy this ASAP. I haven't had satellite or cable tv in over 3 years. But I still have bunny years, would be fantastic to use xbox tuner in USA vs the crummy interface on my tv. Heck even make drivers for windows so people can use it for windows media center or xbox one.

• Blueboy200X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey there. I have gone and bought one to tried here in the states. Unfortunately its unable to find any channels.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base