Find ideas to enhance the OneGuide or Live TV experiences on Xbox One

Bring the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner to the US

Love the new Digital TV Tuner just announced for the UK & Europe, but what about those in the US who don't use a cable box or have cut the cord entirely? Thought about some of those other devices, but I want an official integrated device that just works. So please bring it to the US, thanks!

1,563 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AzBat360 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • SLIM 151proof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope they add the Clear QAM TV Channels, My internet is with cable, and my locals are in the clear. And maybe in the future a full DVR.

• Buckaroo Banzai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you just add support for digital tuners in general (like those compatible with Media Center) either USB or Ethernet?

• Eric Jilot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this support extended to include my SiliconDust networked OTA Tuner. Since Media Center supported there is no reason that similar support can not be added to the Xbox One.

• Bh3ring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop crying.. they just added support for the hauppauge one that is already on the Market but for those who "needs" a Xbox one version they will launch in upcoming months.. "In the next few months, Xbox will be partnering with Hauppauge to release a lower cost version of this tuner, the Hauppauge TV Tuner for Xbox One"

And the TV tuner is only to get the streaming.. the software is the same with the same options.. (pause tv/ change channels with kinect by name/streaming to smartglass/etc)

• Pavementeater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this comment " Riekopo commented • April 8, 2015 1:34 PM I’m not interested in purchasing a Hauppauge tuner. I want the official Xbox one."
    I too do not want some 3rd party device... Especially something that's not truly made to solely for the Xbox and then have to pay way more than what it's worth with subpar support.
    This whole move was to get The Xbox team and Devs to recreate what they made and gave to the UK and part of the EU. North America is your largest market and it feels like you are turning your back on us with this subpar hardware offering.

• TactfulSole0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is some great news and it is a start but hope now Microsoft brings DVR functionality to the Xbox One after the Initial Over-the-Air Antenna Tuner is released in the next few months. Also, it would be a just as amazing if Microsoft adds support for DVR capability for the Hauppauge Tuner as well as the upcoming OTA Tuner Microsoft is working on.

• Riekopo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not interested in purchasing a Hauppauge tuner. I want the official Xbox one.

• AzBat360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you to Xbox Team for taking our feedback to heart & bringing a TV tuner to the US & Canada! Can't wait to purchase the official TV tuner.

• Ezra93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this to the U.S. would use my Xbox even more if it could receive over the air TV.

• Jonny Killalot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So want this. Microsoft don't let the big cable companies scare ya. It's free OTA TV . Get it together.

• MIKOL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. MS and XBOX need to get the OTA / Terrestrial TV situation done. I am already doing it with 3rd party stuff right now, but it would so nice to have it integrated with native hardware. GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF!!! Screw cable/sat TV, they are a dying breed and online/antenna will take over in the next couple years. OTA DTV has more bandwidth then anyone realizes and could easily offer 300 channels.

• OKAYLetsRockIt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree we paid for this console your customer want live tv and dvr records live tv and windows media center with an App Store for extension apps that tie into Netflix and Hulu and pandora and iheart radio in the music part of windows media center I want $600 changes to my system I don't play games on this system I want to watch tv and windows media center I bought this system to replace my dvr with Comcast please update the Xbox with new. Beautiful software that the customers believe in! Please we just want a better XBox Thank You.

• JCHustle022 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you asking for an antenna or satellite TV app? Europe and Australia already have an antenna

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base