Describe new features or options for the Xbox Store.

Give the option of buying the games as digital codes in store. That way we can still benefit from any pre-order offers retailers are having.

Publishers and stores have retailer specific offers all the time. If i want to have a digital copy rather than disk, I am not disadvantaged by being forced to buy digital copies from the console only.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by KoolAidMan3650. Thanks everyone!]

1,057 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
FarregFarreg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
AlphaArgonianAlphaArgonian shared a merged idea: Digital Codes in Retailers!  ·   · 
RDeachin33RDeachin33 shared a merged idea: allow digital games to be purchase through third-party retailers  ·   · 
BDalmsBDalms shared a merged idea: Purchase Codes for Digital Download in-store & Preorder  ·   · 
KoolAidMan3650KoolAidMan3650 shared a merged idea: The ability to buy digital games from major retailers  ·   · 
GingerElvisGingerElvis shared a merged idea: Allow 3rd Party Digital Game Stores  ·   · 
wmuBR0NC0wmuBR0NC0 shared a merged idea: Allow brick and mortar retailers to sell digital download codes of games so we can get their deals for digital games.  ·   · 
MasterboxiMasterboxi shared a merged idea: Let other stores sell digital games (e.g. Amazon, GameStop) as download codes  ·   · 
BlinkFandangoIIBlinkFandangoII shared a merged idea: Allow Retailers to Sell Digital Games  ·   · 
RazorDRazorD shared a merged idea: Sell digital copies of games at retail (retail packaged QR codes)  ·   · 

45 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Potty MonsterPotty Monster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need all games to be available as digital code in store not just smaller games. This will keep the shops happy (they get the sales, less shelf space required, reduced delivery costs...etc), customers get to take advantage of competitive pricing and offers, plus customers get the advantages digital downloads bring. Everyone's a winner.......well, other than MS who might loose out on some digital sales. Hhhmmmm. But hey, if MS is really listening to customer these days then they will do whats right for the customer yeah? :)

Seriously though, this is a good start. i just hope it expands to full games soon.

• kingJam3s916kingJam3s916 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they just started release Xbox one digital game codes for stores. so this idea has already been made. max - the curse of brotherhood is the first Xbox one title to buy with a digital code purchase.

• Sol Badguy24Sol Badguy24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In regards to digital copies & pre-order bonuses. Rather than putting large price tags like you did with Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls UEE could you not price it £2 more than other online retailers but we can choose our pre-order bonuses or if you can't do any competitive pricing then give us all available pre-order bonuses

• Zen Like CalmZen Like Calm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Misses Joust. The digital code offer you linked to is only available in UK and US, what about the rest of us?

• GreenPKLGreenPKL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just purchased destiny via market and pre-downloading now! Looks like I also received a pre-order bonus.

• Saeed AkbarSaeed Akbar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think is a good idea for codes in store in case the code fails you can go back to the store for a fix.

• ThirstyJester19ThirstyJester19 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought of this just yesterday, as flashing the QR code at the Kinect worked so great for the included Forza game when I picked up the console.

• Pepperc0rnPepperc0rn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Games on the Xbox store are all way overpriced, especially in the UK.
    I understand Microsoft still has to please the bricks and motor business but at least be competitive and don't punish those who want to go digital.

£59.99 for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition on Xbox Store
    £44.86 on Amazon
    £49.99 for Sniper Elite 3
    £40 on Amazon

Could go on and on.

Sort it Xbox!

• z UnSmokeAblez UnSmokeAble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I buy all my games from the xbox store and i always miss the pre order bonus which dont seem very fair for 2 reasons.. Reason 1 i buy the game the day its out instead of having too travel 10 minutes by car and then having too wait in a que which sometimes can be hours depending on the game.. Reason 2 the games are always more expensive in the store which i dont understand why when all you are getting is a digital copy no disk or anything and then you still miss out on pre order bonuses.. I payed £59.99 for the new diablo game from xbox one store and just get the digital copy, my friend buys the game brand new from a shop for £47 and he gets codes with the disk for free cool items in the game... It really needs sorting

• tapistapis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, this may not be part of the topic but, is there any possibility to read out loud the code if kinect screen is boken? For example, "xbox select A" and it selects the letter.

• HillbillyTazzHillbillyTazz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great option especially if the game could be sent directly to the console with an unlock code being emailed or sent by sms.

• ltkxltkx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm buying all my games in a digtal format. Xbox Home gamesharing is the reason. No reason to buy from Gamestop anymore. Walmart.com I buy some games online for the great deals they have. You can order online and pick up the game in store. BF4 is $30 online. $60 in store. Buying games online is the best option or getting them on sale for Xbox Live Deals With Gold.

• LloydpjrLloydpjr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had bought the digital code for Watch Dogs from Gamestop for the preorder bonus. Although I was the only 1 from that store who did that. Took the cashier by shock because he didn't even know that you could. The ONLY issue I had was that I thought I could DL it AT MIDNIGHT. Nope. Had to wait until 3am. (East Coast US)

• RiderX360RiderX360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or let us buy them at a online stores or in person so then the codes could be sent to your email address. Then we can get the pre-order bonus from whatever store you think has the best content.

• RareBarnes7502RareBarnes7502 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big taboo. Stores are a good alliance for advertising, but no doubt, a COD, or Halo launch waiting at my house for midnight, so I can just start playing, instead of a store.....I'm in.

• Baruka 2Baruka 2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give the ability to redeem codes and QR codes with smart glass without the the need for being connected to the Xbox One.

• KARTOONNKARTOONN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Preorder bonuses and dlc for buying digital from xbox live. No more game store trips.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base