Suggest ways to make SmartGlass even better.

Stream game audio and video to SmartGlass app

XB1 needs the ability to stream games to SmartGlass. The Controller would still go through XB1. This feature would only be available up to the max range of the XB controller. The idea here would be to have the option to play games and not take up the primary TV.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by BigDj Ownz, Oldtimer001, DeltaFire29, xUronlyfriendx, mik29, SPACEGHO5T, and rocky619619. Thanks everyone!]

3,930 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
N3N3 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
kondioskondios shared a merged idea: Stream XBox One Games to all Devices  ·   · 
KonadorKonador shared a merged idea: Stream HDMI Passthrough TV to SmartGlass  ·   · 
Livebratboy5297Livebratboy5297 shared a merged idea: Able to play the games you have on the smartglass app for iPad  ·   · 
Ronnic12Ronnic12 shared a merged idea: Game Streaming to SmartGlass  ·   · 
ColdfusionangelColdfusionangel shared a merged idea: Xbox One Remote Play on Smartglass app  ·   · 
FittestHeart37FittestHeart37 shared a merged idea: The ability to stream you're xbox one screen to the app  ·   · 
eazidositeazidosit shared a merged idea: remote gameplay  ·   · 
LLJ4500LLJ4500 shared a merged idea: Watch local gameplay through smartglass, to watch whats happening on your xbox  ·   · 
DA HIGH LIFE816DA HIGH LIFE816 shared a merged idea: streaming xbox stright to my phone to play anywhere  ·   · 
LeftoverBrute2LeftoverBrute2 shared a merged idea: Stream games to tablets / phones / laptops for 2nd screen or off-TV play  ·   · 
oxX WiNgY86 XxooxX WiNgY86 Xxo shared a merged idea: photo's and videos  ·   · 
DoctorVadarWhoDoctorVadarWho shared a merged idea: Second Screen  ·   · 
KMANFARYKMANFARY shared a merged idea: how awesome would it be to play xbox one games streaming to xbox one smart glass app on Windows 10!!??  ·   · 
n7 Castn7 Cast shared a merged idea: How to see your gameplay live  ·   · 
MEJijonHanzeMEJijonHanze shared a merged idea: Gaming on Xbox One Smartglass and AR/VR Gaming  ·   · 
BigDj OwnzBigDj Ownz shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
messy0240messy0240 shared a merged idea: app request!!! dvr/remote tv viewing!!!!  ·   · 
Psycho ducky 75Psycho ducky 75 shared a merged idea: Computer screen mirroring on the Xbox  ·   · 
ShinjukiShinjuki shared a merged idea: Make it so smart glass can mimic monitor and be used to interact with it.  ·   · 
Bhutankam PemaBhutankam Pema shared a merged idea: Smart Glass - My Screen  ·   · 
DeltaFire29DeltaFire29 shared a merged idea: Allow the Xbox One to Stream the Screen to SmartGlass (like Remote Play, but Better)  ·   · 
Mizzy Imran1995Mizzy Imran1995 shared a merged idea: Streaming Games from Xbox to your SmartGlass App  ·   · 
FFCxYANxBRFFCxYANxBR shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
ubaquinhoubaquinho shared a merged idea: smart glass like wiiu controller  ·   · 
HerbinoHerbino shared a merged idea: Stream TV/Games to smartglass  ·   · 
dbradley645dbradley645 shared a merged idea: Allow us to play games remotely through smartglass  ·   · 
scsnow156scsnow156 shared a merged idea: game streaming  ·   · 
anholetianholeti shared a merged idea: Streaming games with smartglass.  ·   · 
ThePoopSnackThePoopSnack shared a merged idea: Stream Xbox One Gaming To Smartglass App to Make gaming portable from within your Home.  ·   · 
Joey AdioJoey Adio shared a merged idea: Remote Play and Xbox Tv (pstv competitor)  ·   · 
MonkeyTragicMonkeyTragic shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
Chinito867Chinito867 shared a merged idea: Xbox one remote play  ·   · 
FreakDavideFreakDavide shared a merged idea: Stream game in remote play  ·   · 
MikeJamesB2TGMikeJamesB2TG shared a merged idea: Xbox streaming games to remote devices via SmartGlass & Windows OS  ·   · 
Alpha FL StormAlpha FL Storm shared a merged idea: Stream Game to Smartglass  ·   · 
mos2000mos2000 shared a merged idea: Smartglass needs to stream games  ·   · 
ShotyMcFatShotyMcFat shared a merged idea: Off TV play  ·   · 
adamcorballyadamcorbally shared a merged idea: allow xbox one to stream fames over wifi to another windows machine i.e surface or laptop so i can enjoy fames while my girlfriend watches t  ·   · 
Die eine FrageDie eine Frage shared a merged idea: use smartglass as second screen like wii u pad  ·   · 
cooldudaaa009cooldudaaa009 shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
HizzybooHizzyboo shared a merged idea: Allow gamers to play Xbox One games on Smartglass app  ·   · 
BossChief009BossChief009 shared a merged idea: Play Xbox One games via remote in the Smartglass Feature.  ·   · 
DietayDietay shared a merged idea: Xbox Streaming Portable Gamepad ("console")  ·   · 
El Jay2010El Jay2010 shared a merged idea: Let Smartglass Mirror the Game you're playing on Screen. Similar to WiiU Gamepad  ·   · 
Mateo SoloMateo Solo shared a merged idea: Remote Play using SmartGlass devices  ·   · 
rocky619619rocky619619 shared a merged idea: The ability to be able to stream Xbox One games over Wifi to other Windows 8 devices  ·   · 
xUronlyfriendxxUronlyfriendx shared a merged idea: Use Smartglass as a second screen  ·   · 
i573V3i573V3 shared a merged idea: Smartglass Remote Play  ·   · 
CCBHDCCBHD shared a merged idea: Stream Content to Smartglass & more...  ·   · 
KhazmaduKhazmadu shared a merged idea: Mirror screen to Smart Glass Device  ·   · 
mik29mik29 shared a merged idea: Xbox One to Smartglass Video Streaming, Like Steam In-Home Streaming  ·   · 
The AdamizerrThe Adamizerr shared a merged idea: Turn SmartGlass into Microsoft's own mobile gaming system  ·   · 
SPACEGHO5TSPACEGHO5T shared a merged idea: Remote Play to tablets/laptops through Smartlgass  ·   · 
Oldtimer001Oldtimer001 shared a merged idea: Play games on smartglass  ·   · 

199 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jimbob2134Jimbob2134 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would solve a lot of problems, the amount of times I've thought it would be great to play a game but I can't because the TV is being used.

I know that it is coming to Windows 10 but for us with iOS and Android devices, we feel we could be missing out on a definitive feature.

• ChinoLokiChinoLoki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could be very usefull to propose the same features than the PS4 : remote play also through the web to play to your xbox one even when you are not at home.

• ComputerSteveComputerSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah honestly what about even allowing remote viewing of your Xbox one Console on your Xbox 360 or vice versa like a media extender 360's are the PlaystationTV competitors I mean you can get a used 360 for like 70 dollars.

• TeaBeanTeaBean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be on SmartGlass in general. I already own a tablet, I don't want to have to buy a new one just to be able to play my Xbox when the kids are using the TV. Would love to be able to prop my phone up somewhere and play. Cheapest Surface Pro is £639, it would be cheaper for me to buy a new Xbox One and TV and put it in a different room!

• ColdfusionangelColdfusionangel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see a Remote Play feature on ALL devices that support the Smartglass app, where Smartglass acts as both screen and controller - streaming from Xbox One to Smartglass, in the very least, within the confines and range of the player's home network. I totally agree : if Sony is doing it on PS4, there's no reason why Microsoft can't do the same with the Xbox One. If, say, I'm running the Smartglass app on an IPad or Kindle Fire, I would be able to stream my games from my Xbox One ( similar to what Windows 10 proposes to do on PC ) to the device and play them.

• XboxSnipe9764XboxSnipe9764 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The simple reason this won't happen is that Xbox uses its own proprietary connection instead of Bluetooth. Even on PC, you either have to use a cord or wireless adapter for Xbox controllers.

• Hollow da Don21Hollow da Don21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have both the XB1 and PS4 and let me tell you Remote Play is wayyy overrated...Microsoft take your time to do it right.

• KingNothing6805KingNothing6805 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this was announced today. a bit disappointing though, as it is not through smartglass. It is only for Windows 10 devices, and only in-home.

• MVIVIDMVIVID commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please, this is such a HUGE feature, way more important then 90% of all past released features. And like another user posted, we need this now, not in a year or two.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base