Suggest ways to make SmartGlass even better.

Stream game audio and video to SmartGlass app

XB1 needs the ability to stream games to SmartGlass. The Controller would still go through XB1. This feature would only be available up to the max range of the XB controller. The idea here would be to have the option to play games and not take up the primary TV.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by xUronlyfriendx, mik29, SPACEGHO5T, and rocky619619. Thanks everyone!]

2,136 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
N3N3 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
FFCxYANxBRFFCxYANxBR shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
ubaquinhoubaquinho shared a merged idea: smart glass like wiiu controller  ·   · 
HerbinoHerbino shared a merged idea: Stream TV/Games to smartglass  ·   · 
dbradley645dbradley645 shared a merged idea: Allow us to play games remotely through smartglass  ·   · 
scsnow156scsnow156 shared a merged idea: game streaming  ·   · 
anholetianholeti shared a merged idea: Streaming games with smartglass.  ·   · 
ThePoopSnackThePoopSnack shared a merged idea: Stream Xbox One Gaming To Smartglass App to Make gaming portable from within your Home.  ·   · 
Joey AdioJoey Adio shared a merged idea: Remote Play and Xbox Tv (pstv competitor)  ·   · 
MonkeyTragicMonkeyTragic shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
Chinito867Chinito867 shared a merged idea: Xbox one remote play  ·   · 
FreakDavideFreakDavide shared a merged idea: Stream game in remote play  ·   · 
MikeJamesB2TGMikeJamesB2TG shared a merged idea: Xbox streaming games to remote devices via SmartGlass & Windows OS  ·   · 
Alpha FL StormAlpha FL Storm shared a merged idea: Stream Game to Smartglass  ·   · 
mos2000mos2000 shared a merged idea: Smartglass needs to stream games  ·   · 
ShotyMcFatShotyMcFat shared a merged idea: Off TV play  ·   · 
adamcorballyadamcorbally shared a merged idea: allow xbox one to stream fames over wifi to another windows machine i.e surface or laptop so i can enjoy fames while my girlfriend watches t  ·   · 
Die eine FrageDie eine Frage shared a merged idea: use smartglass as second screen like wii u pad  ·   · 
cooldudaaa009cooldudaaa009 shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
HizzybooHizzyboo shared a merged idea: Allow gamers to play Xbox One games on Smartglass app  ·   · 
BossChief009BossChief009 shared a merged idea: Play Xbox One games via remote in the Smartglass Feature.  ·   · 
DietayDietay shared a merged idea: Xbox Streaming Portable Gamepad ("console")  ·   · 
El Jay2010El Jay2010 shared a merged idea: Let Smartglass Mirror the Game you're playing on Screen. Similar to WiiU Gamepad  ·   · 
Mateo SoloMateo Solo shared a merged idea: Remote Play using SmartGlass devices  ·   · 
rocky619619rocky619619 shared a merged idea: The ability to be able to stream Xbox One games over Wifi to other Windows 8 devices  ·   · 
xUronlyfriendxxUronlyfriendx shared a merged idea: Use Smartglass as a second screen  ·   · 
i573V3i573V3 shared a merged idea: Smartglass Remote Play  ·   · 
CCBHDCCBHD shared a merged idea: Stream Content to Smartglass & more...  ·   · 
KhazmaduKhazmadu shared a merged idea: Mirror screen to Smart Glass Device  ·   · 
mik29mik29 shared a merged idea: Xbox One to Smartglass Video Streaming, Like Steam In-Home Streaming  ·   · 
The AdamizerrThe Adamizerr shared a merged idea: Turn SmartGlass into Microsoft's own mobile gaming system  ·   · 
SPACEGHO5TSPACEGHO5T shared a merged idea: Remote Play to tablets/laptops through Smartlgass  ·   · 

126 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LaurenceDCMLaurenceDCM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a game changer and definitely one of the best features to ever come. Playstation can stream to Vita but that's a small screen. Imagine Xbox streaming to any device with smart glass..

I also want to point out that the TV Tuner add-on is not needed for this feature since the Xbox can simply use WiFi(particularly Direct) to stream.

• Logane KingLogane King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the Playstation is the king of streaming games, but if Microsoft offer the service for the Xbox One, this will be the best platform in the world, I hope to see the Microsoft remote play to android and tablets, MS do it please

• SpleeneaterSpleeneater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give me something that can plug into my other tv and let me play my games through it. That is the only thing the PS4 had that makes it look good to me.

• JON789JON789 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, a 'Snap to Me' button on the Now Playing tile in the Smartglass app would indeed be amazing.
    There you go Microsoft you can have that one..

• mik29mik29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on MS give us some info on whether your going to do something about this. Please

• auDaemorothauDaemoroth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition, Playstation TV bringing the ability to stream to a different TV (We happen to have 2) is making it more and more difficult to stick with the XB1.

This is something MS kinda has to address if only for the sake of keeping up with your main (leading) competitor.

• auDaemorothauDaemoroth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please!! Living with (And about to marry) an absolute non-gamer (Who does like my habits though) sharing the TV is a real problem. To the point that I'm thinking of focusing on PS4 games this coming holiday season and hinting for a Vita for Christmas.

If we could just stream games to the Xbox One Smartglass app (Over the same network connection), that could cover a lot of devices including the PC.

Please make this happen!

• aVitreousHumoraVitreousHumor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remote play, yes please! As many have said, it's a competition point with Sony, as well as a selling point for Win8/Android devices - really anything though with SmartGlass. We can't cary our systems with us to work, but being able to play over lunch break or what have you would be phenomenal!

• Tam MagooTam Magoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, superb, it would instantly improve on the Vita feature due to availability of extra screens.

When playing a split screen shooter it can disadvantage you when your opponent can see your screen, so imagine 2 people sitting in their own corner with their own Smartglass screens in front of them. Cool!

• Sliscope777Sliscope777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! I was just thinking the same thing. Almost got a PS4 for this particular feature since I already have a vita. I already have plenty of screens that I wish I could just stream the video from games to. That way I could play destiny using the controller and tablet while my girlfriend watches food network.

• SebekV1SebekV1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really do love my Xbox 1 and am looking forward to exclusive titles like Sunset Overdrive, Halo MC and Forza Horizon 2, but I am seriously considering trading in my console for a PS4 so that I can play remotely on an Xperia Z3 device. My wife and kids never want to watch me play games and since they out number me I always have to switch off. Remote play looks like a great alternative and now that Sony is releasing a companion accessory so that you can use the D4 with the Xperia device I am almost sold. Microsoft you have to create a remote play option as am sure there are a lot of fans who want the feature but rather stay with mircrosoft/xbox.

• Logane KingLogane King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us use our smartphones to play xb1 games just better then ps4 with remote play

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base