Suggest ways to make SmartGlass even better.

Stream game audio and video to SmartGlass app

XB1 needs the ability to stream games to SmartGlass. The Controller would still go through XB1. This feature would only be available up to the max range of the XB controller. The idea here would be to have the option to play games and not take up the primary TV.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by xUronlyfriendx, mik29, SPACEGHO5T, and rocky619619. Thanks everyone!]

2,562 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
N3N3 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
DoctorVadarWhoDoctorVadarWho shared a merged idea: Second Screen  ·   · 
KMANFARYKMANFARY shared a merged idea: how awesome would it be to play xbox one games streaming to xbox one smart glass app on Windows 10!!??  ·   · 
sL SwiiFTzsL SwiiFTz shared a merged idea: How to see your gameplay live  ·   · 
MEJijonHanzeMEJijonHanze shared a merged idea: Gaming on Xbox One Smartglass and AR/VR Gaming  ·   · 
messy0240messy0240 shared a merged idea: app request!!! dvr/remote tv viewing!!!!  ·   · 
Psycho ducky 75Psycho ducky 75 shared a merged idea: Computer screen mirroring on the Xbox  ·   · 
ShinjukiShinjuki shared a merged idea: Make it so smart glass can mimic monitor and be used to interact with it.  ·   · 
Bhutankam PemaBhutankam Pema shared a merged idea: Smart Glass - My Screen  ·   · 
Mizzy Imran1995Mizzy Imran1995 shared a merged idea: Streaming Games from Xbox to your SmartGlass App  ·   · 
FFCxYANxBRFFCxYANxBR shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
ubaquinhoubaquinho shared a merged idea: smart glass like wiiu controller  ·   · 
HerbinoHerbino shared a merged idea: Stream TV/Games to smartglass  ·   · 
dbradley645dbradley645 shared a merged idea: Allow us to play games remotely through smartglass  ·   · 
scsnow156scsnow156 shared a merged idea: game streaming  ·   · 
anholetianholeti shared a merged idea: Streaming games with smartglass.  ·   · 
ThePoopSnackThePoopSnack shared a merged idea: Stream Xbox One Gaming To Smartglass App to Make gaming portable from within your Home.  ·   · 
Joey AdioJoey Adio shared a merged idea: Remote Play and Xbox Tv (pstv competitor)  ·   · 
MonkeyTragicMonkeyTragic shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
Chinito867Chinito867 shared a merged idea: Xbox one remote play  ·   · 
FreakDavideFreakDavide shared a merged idea: Stream game in remote play  ·   · 
MikeJamesB2TGMikeJamesB2TG shared a merged idea: Xbox streaming games to remote devices via SmartGlass & Windows OS  ·   · 
Alpha FL StormAlpha FL Storm shared a merged idea: Stream Game to Smartglass  ·   · 
mos2000mos2000 shared a merged idea: Smartglass needs to stream games  ·   · 
ShotyMcFatShotyMcFat shared a merged idea: Off TV play  ·   · 
adamcorballyadamcorbally shared a merged idea: allow xbox one to stream fames over wifi to another windows machine i.e surface or laptop so i can enjoy fames while my girlfriend watches t  ·   · 
Die eine FrageDie eine Frage shared a merged idea: use smartglass as second screen like wii u pad  ·   · 
cooldudaaa009cooldudaaa009 shared a merged idea: Remote Play  ·   · 
HizzybooHizzyboo shared a merged idea: Allow gamers to play Xbox One games on Smartglass app  ·   · 
BossChief009BossChief009 shared a merged idea: Play Xbox One games via remote in the Smartglass Feature.  ·   · 
DietayDietay shared a merged idea: Xbox Streaming Portable Gamepad ("console")  ·   · 
El Jay2010El Jay2010 shared a merged idea: Let Smartglass Mirror the Game you're playing on Screen. Similar to WiiU Gamepad  ·   · 
Mateo SoloMateo Solo shared a merged idea: Remote Play using SmartGlass devices  ·   · 
rocky619619rocky619619 shared a merged idea: The ability to be able to stream Xbox One games over Wifi to other Windows 8 devices  ·   · 
xUronlyfriendxxUronlyfriendx shared a merged idea: Use Smartglass as a second screen  ·   · 
i573V3i573V3 shared a merged idea: Smartglass Remote Play  ·   · 
CCBHDCCBHD shared a merged idea: Stream Content to Smartglass & more...  ·   · 
KhazmaduKhazmadu shared a merged idea: Mirror screen to Smart Glass Device  ·   · 
mik29mik29 shared a merged idea: Xbox One to Smartglass Video Streaming, Like Steam In-Home Streaming  ·   · 
The AdamizerrThe Adamizerr shared a merged idea: Turn SmartGlass into Microsoft's own mobile gaming system  ·   · 
SPACEGHO5TSPACEGHO5T shared a merged idea: Remote Play to tablets/laptops through Smartlgass  ·   · 

154 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Salvit0Salvit0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this feature in our favorite console. It will make a lot of people choose xbo before others

• sL SwiiFTzsL SwiiFTz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you can record trickshot,montages,funny moments or glitches in games and send it to company's

• Wils35Wils35 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have said, please do this.
    I have a Sony Xperia Z2 which I could use to remote play with a ps4 but I don't have a ps4. I'm not going to but a ps4 though as I already have a xb one. Please do this Microsoft and go one better than Sony by allowing remote play to any smartphone with Smartglass rather than limit remote play to windows phone only (I wouldn't think this would be the case being any smartphone can use Smartglass). I would then be using my Sony Xperia Z2 (best smartphone in my opinion) to remote play on the 360. If you make it so we can only remote play to windows phone I won't buy a windows phone I would just be more tempted to switch to ps4. Remember I can sell my xb one at any time and use the money towards a ps4 but I can't sell my Sony Xperia Z2 any time as I still have a year left on contract. Well I could sell it (Z2) but then I would have to buy a £400/£500 windows phone to try be as good as my Xperia just so I could remote play on xb one, this would be more bother than its worth and make the first option of selling my xb one and using the money towards a ps4 to remote play more viable and easier.

• Unsub223Unsub223 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would be awesome as a feature, but if it was threw the Xbox smart glass app on a tablet or phone you would still have to remain in distance of your Xbox for controller to connect. My new idea is having a Bluetooth functioning add on if " if wanted " and just like you access your router by typing your IP address in a search bar, have a IP address that you could search on any internet device that would stream audio and video from your Xbox. Just think your in some crazy game and your friend calls you on break, just tell them check out my ip this is crazy!!!

• MEJijonHanzeMEJijonHanze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mr. Phil Spencer and Microsoft XBOX One Team, PLEASE!!!!... You should definetly develop this option for Xbox One SmartGlass, We want to be able to play our games anywhere thanks to Smartglass, make a major comeback to PS and their VIta.

And Hurry with Project Fortaleza or whatever you are planning on AR or VR gaming.

;)

My best Regards

• Logane KingLogane King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS4 is way far from xb1 with this feature already available in Playstation, please Xbox One team tell me why you keep the silence on that? All what we want is to be able to play with out smartphones and tablets the games we love.

• TeaBeanTeaBean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! Peppa Pig and Frozen rule my TV at home. Would love to lie on the sofa with my tablet balanced on my chest playing some Xbox.

• Victormendoza62Victormendoza62 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for dads. I hardly play any games on my xbox one because son is watching mickey mouse clubhouse. I only play on Friday nights when he is sleeping. Therefore I do not buy xbox one games because I am backlogged in my games. I buy pc or ps4 games because I can remote to nvidia shield and ps tv and vita. I prefer xbox but it doesn't pay because of this reason.

• SkopesSkopes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this already have a surface and would buy a windows phone in a second if this was an option.

• Xero009Xero009 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing! I would love to be able to play games while my kids watch cartoons! As a father my game time is so limited - this would be amazing!

• MrEOfLifeMrEOfLife commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see streaming of games to my mobile device, especially if say you were able to use it with the Archos VR head mount, use the sensors of the device to look around and the controller to move. Instant VR experience, may not be perfect and may get a bit of motion sickness but I think it would be a fantastic experience.

• EnkryptiK1309EnkryptiK1309 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remote streaming to my 8.1 laptop would be epic. My download and upload are plenty fast enough and works great with nvidia shield remote play even over WAN. My laptop goes everywhere, my xbox one does not. The more I can play my xbox one remotely, the more games I will buy obviously.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base