Post ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or new offerings.

System Link for all games that don't rely on cloud compute

LAN gaming is a big part of the Xbox's heritage and all games that don't rely on cloud compute should have support for system link by default.

327 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

luigifreakluigifreak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
CAPTAN AMERlCACAPTAN AMERlCA shared a merged idea: System Link for the Xbox One?  ·   · 
SteamExpertSteamExpert shared a merged idea: Bring back system link!  ·   · 
FoTrizzleFoTrizzle shared a merged idea: Co-op/ Splitscreen with 2 tv's  ·   · 
Sliver1970Sliver1970 shared a merged idea: System Link!!!  ·   · 
anholetianholeti shared a merged idea: Xbox One can play together without internet in an internal network.  ·   · 
JohlkeJohlke shared a merged idea: System linking (LAN support)  ·   · 
TecchieTecchie shared a merged idea: Multiplayer/System Link  ·   · 
holdenrock8holdenrock8 shared a merged idea: system link for xbox one  ·   · 
pit989pit989 shared a merged idea: Report on the xbox one mode System Link !  ·   · 
BLUE ICE 6BLUE ICE 6 shared a merged idea: Bring back the glory of system link games.  ·   · 
rikumaster10rikumaster10 shared a merged idea: Minecraft System Link (Don't forget Lan Party Games !)  ·   · 
fergie7fergie7 shared a merged idea: System link  ·   · 
rikumaster10rikumaster10 shared a merged idea: system link for at least most games  ·   · 
Lukey MufzLukey Mufz shared a merged idea: Xbox One System Link Capabilities  ·   · 

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • pajama dadpajama dad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least the xbox one should be able to wirelessly link with another. No local networking means I have very little reason to pick up another console or game without split screen... coughHalo5cough...

• StealthyswampusStealthyswampus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until the state of broadband infrastructure in this country is improved drastically, features like system link are the only way some players without a good internet connection can play together. Please, for the sake of rural gamers everywhere, bring this feature back.

• ObedientMammalObedientMammal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I for one have no access to high speed internet. 250mb a day download limit and 50kbs download. ( no its not dial up) so bring back system link! i cant even sit in the same room as my brother who also has an xbox one and system link. instead we need to play on the same console. BRING IT BACK!!!

• NIKHOLLYWOODNIKHOLLYWOOD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a loyal gold member for +10 years now. We have 4 360's in the household and do a lot of system link parties. Friends and family that doesn't necessary all have xbox or gold can still join, and we can play even though xbox live is down.
    This is so much fun, and i'm sadden that this feature is not supported on xbox one.
    This is the only reason I bought a ps4 instead. But if games like Forza 6 and Halo 5 had system link i would switch to XO in a heartbeat.
    Please bring this back

• McLari33McLari33 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have read somewere that system link is already part of the XO. Game devellopers have to implant it in there games. Ghost for insance has system link on the XO. For our gaming group system link is essential since our LAN parties take place at a location without decent Internet. Without it, it's game over.

• CAPTAN AMERlCACAPTAN AMERlCA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

System Link for the Xbox One?

I have been a gold member for over 12 years now and its not that I don't want to play online (I love to play online) However, I would like to at least have the option *as in the case with the past two Xbox consoles* with having a local area connection selection (it cant be hard because the IP protocols are already in place with every game that can be played over Xbox Live).

Getting together with friends and having a LAN party where we don't have to be concerned with latency or speed of one overall internet connection from within a particular house is always a crowd draw and unfortunately with the Xbox one I feel as though I would rather still play a 360 at a LAN than play with the latest console that I have purchased for game play. This also affects my friends choices in upgrading their systems because of the inferiority complex the console has given itself (almost a step backwards if you will) because the older system can still do more than its predecessor.

Could you please explain or provide a possible near solution to this very easy fix.

• Cheyenne CondorCheyenne Condor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have not and will not buy an XBOX one without it. So Microsoft, you will loose many thousands of dollars from me if games do not have system link. I'm old and stubborn and will not be told when, how and to what degree I play my games. I'll just keep my 360's (yes, I have numerous 360's and numerous copies of games) and never hook them up to xbox live again. Your greed trying to extort more gold memberships from your customers is going back fire.

• fergie7fergie7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aye, come on microsoft, give the one system link capability, my friends and i loved having xbox weekends with the 360 where we went away for a couple of days and played together on system link

• Lord Vader066Lord Vader066 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree with this. my friends were trying to play master chief collection but because of his internet we were not allowed to play even though we were all hardwired into his network. would definatly like to see this added. System link without internet connection

• Waldo JonesWaldo Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hoping Halo 5 will get a system link update post launch. I will purchase once there is local lan support.

• ShowbizPage6235ShowbizPage6235 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me and my friends loved doing system link with the 360 and it's games; it worked better than using the internet (which we can't always use), and gives us, the consumers, more options and fun!

PLEASE, Please bring back WiFi Ad-hoc and ethernet system link to the XBOX ONE.

I know you thought it unnecessary since it was originally an online only console, but since it is now a normal, offline capable console, please fix this, please. You are Microsoft, the console king, you can do it!!!

• RandomNinjaAtkRandomNinjaAtk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last night tried to have a LAN essentially with Halo MCC, multiple Xbox Ones on one network connected to 75/75 fios connection.

Didn't workout as well as I had hoped (would experience LAG and disconnects), first time trying it after doing system link on the 360 many times previously. Either it was a problem with the game itself or XBL can't handle that many consoles on one network connecting, in my case it was 7 Xbox One's.

Please bring back system link!!!!! I beg you! There were never any issues previously and gameplay would be super smooth, instead of laggy. I can only speak for this one game though, so I will need to do some more experimentation....

• Loofah PumiceLoofah Pumice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Blue Ice 6; even if we have to dedicate an Xbox One as a server, there needs to be a solution for system link.

• BLUE ICE 6BLUE ICE 6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Starting off I agree the importance of system link. Although I have another suggestion. Microsoft create an app for the Xbox One that would turn the console into a dedicated server over a local (wired if neccesary) network. As such any cloud computing game could handshake with xbox live to verify rights/ownership then connect to the localized cloud server aka spare console to host what the game would see as its own dedicated server seperate from all others not on lan. I would gladly have an extra console as a server if gameplay didn't rely on excellent internet for a room of friends to play together on multiple consoles. This would also ease the actual servers strain and sell more consoles. I am aware it isn't as simple as a one app to cure them all. But give developers the ability to create a companion app to do exactly that and lan gaming could then live once more.(unless it is that easy in which case get on that)

• Sliver1970Sliver1970 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry... just realized what I suggested are two totally different ways of doing what I want... lol..
    I don't want to have to use two or more Xbox's to do a "System Link".. I want the ability to use ONE console and multiple TV's... System link is designed to use multiple consoles for the same purpose. I think we are beyond to whole, "I'm Microsoft and we need to make more and more money.." Instead, let's do the right thing. I know "your" main drive is to make money but haven't you made enough yet?? Let's take care of "our" needs/wants without saying to yourselves "How would this make us more money" or "How can we change this to benefit us too.." ideas. I'm all about making AND saving money but I don't think this will "harm" you in any such way.

• TheGummyBear000TheGummyBear000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree, taking the system link feature away from the Master Chief Collection was a big mistake. A lot of fans and the game itself have a lot of heritage with system link and a lot of people still do bring there consoles over to friends and play Halo. (I still do) Therefore I am severely disappointed and hope to see an update or something similar to see to this sad scenario.

• Ch0senftardCh0senftard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, most definitely!
    Please add System Link to the Xbox One.
    The Master Chief Collection is already out and the fact I can't do system link with friends is very, very disappointing.

• BoganNerdBoganNerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

System Link is a must. Someone (MS or developers) doesn't understand latency and wide-area networks.

Also I may not understand grammar...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base