Give us feedback and ideas on games, game features and achievements.

System Link for all games that don't rely on cloud compute

LAN gaming is a big part of the Xbox's heritage and all games that don't rely on cloud compute should have support for system link by default.

233 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
luigifreakluigifreak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
TecchieTecchie shared a merged idea: Multiplayer/System Link  ·   · 
holdenrock8holdenrock8 shared a merged idea: system link for xbox one  ·   · 
pit989pit989 shared a merged idea: Report on the xbox one mode System Link !  ·   · 
BLUE ICE 6BLUE ICE 6 shared a merged idea: Bring back the glory of system link games.  ·   · 
rikumaster10rikumaster10 shared a merged idea: Minecraft System Link (Don't forget Lan Party Games !)  ·   · 
fergie7fergie7 shared a merged idea: System link  ·   · 
rikumaster10rikumaster10 shared a merged idea: system link for at least most games  ·   · 
Lukey MufzLukey Mufz shared a merged idea: Xbox One System Link Capabilities  ·   · 

32 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BoganNerdBoganNerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

System Link is a must. Someone (MS or developers) doesn't understand latency and wide-area networks.

Also I may not understand grammar...

• android fighterandroid fighter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without System Link games are restricted from growing in regions where people cannot obtain internet. Thus losing popularity in both games and the console itself. Without it, it seems like we are taking a step back in gaming technology. I got into Xbox live to widen my gaming competitively not to replace from playing with my friends locally or in a LAN tournament. doing it on Xbox live with its complexity and non-reliable functions is not the same.

• Simster81Simster81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need more games that support system link, holding fair and standardised tournaments can only be done through system link games due to laggy and variable online connections. Not everyone lives in countries with super fast fibre optic connections, and even if you did you still get some lag. Also gaming lounge businesses are growing due to the growth of the gaming industry, but without system link gaming lounges will die out.

• Its TheMTNDewdIts TheMTNDewd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE XBOX ONE HAS SYSTEM LINK. COD GHOSTS ON XBOX ONE HAS SYSTEM LINK. It's up to the devs to include that feature

• guguduseguguduse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add LAN I want to be able to see the The Master Chief Collection at high level of competition like UGC or MLG.

• Goodeye84Goodeye84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with others. The Master Chief Collection is going to have 4 games where system Link was built in.

Your last two consoles had system link! Please add this basic functionality!

• AlzodeAlzode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't release the Halo: Master Chief Collection and not have a System Link functionality. It's the main reason we're buying your console!

• RrrickRrrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! I live in a rural area with very poor internet, system link has been so much fun in the past with the 360!

• Flamingo22Flamingo22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not all people have high speed internet to be able play multiplayer. System link enabled us to enjoy xbox. We loved Vegas 2 system linking. It's more fun and more stable to play system link vs online. Plus we shouldn't have to pay to play with our friends at the same house even if we have internet

• T4ct1csT4ct1cs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly Agree!!! Although these games are said to run on the same engine so system link should not be a problem, I am curious how and if they will adapt halo 1 the original version to do xbox live as the original halo did not support it (although some hardcore fans such as myself went through a service called xbox connect to play games online with other players fooling our xboxes to think we were system linking)

• Goat Boy BeheheGoat Boy Behehe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work overseas and the only way we can play here is via system link. Those games that don't offer it rarely get played. Some of the newer ones that do offer it have stripped down achievements and fully unlocked equipment (Yes, Im talking to you COD:Ghosts!) which takes away from the replay value. There should be no difference between system link and online play, other than keeping the two separate.

• SenTinaL OzSenTinaL Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, great idea. Hate to think our annual LAN will die a quick death without sys link option.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base