Suggest new apps, app features or changes here.

Xbox Music

Allow us to unsnap Xbox Music and music to continually play in the background. It is cumbersome to want to play a game at full screen and having to deal with the snapped version of Xbox Music on the right side.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by jon abruzi, howster34, lt smooth420, Jedi dojomaster, and Alexandre7Jr who also suggested using personal music collections and the media player app. Thanks everyone!]

13,362 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
iMikeZeroiMikeZero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Snipering NinjaSnipering Ninja shared a merged idea: background music  ·   · 
Chief JshChief Jsh shared a merged idea: I want to lessen to Xbox Music with out it having to be snapped if I want to stop playing music I could always snap it back and stop it.  ·   · 
IZERO GRAVI7YIZERO GRAVI7Y shared a merged idea: Music While Playing  ·   · 
TANSOLO1TANSOLO1 shared a merged idea: Hide the snap feature when playing my own playlists of music.  ·   · 
Waldemar3Waldemar3 shared a merged idea: Support background music without snap the app of Xbox music thanks.  ·   · 
PSYKOKUDPSYKOKUD shared a merged idea: Background Music  ·   · 
shamoney5000shamoney5000 shared a merged idea: Play Music in the background with xbox music  ·   · 
UziRaPPerUziRaPPer shared a merged idea: Music in the background!  ·   · 
PeteZombiePeteZombie shared a merged idea: xbox music run unsnapped  ·   · 
Psyche KrypticPsyche Kryptic shared a merged idea: Media Player  ·   · 
UziRaPPerUziRaPPer shared a merged idea: Music in the background!  ·   · 
IIIIBIG EIIIIIIIIIBIG EIIIII shared a merged idea: Music playback during gameplay  ·   · 
mazttmaztt shared a merged idea: Make it so you can unsnap media player and the music keeps playing  ·   · 
LT Windsor131LT Windsor131 shared a merged idea: Allow Xbox music to play in the background  ·   · 
EagleX01EagleX01 shared a merged idea: our own music in game  ·   · 
HOBBIT MURDERERHOBBIT MURDERER shared a merged idea: Midea player  ·   · 
xEpic MeYerZzxEpic MeYerZz shared a merged idea: Music In The Background  ·   · 
Maiden Ty OneMaiden Ty One shared a merged idea: An App that allows you to play music in the background while playing games, a 'la the 360's Custom Soundtrack feature  ·   · 
Maiden Ty OneMaiden Ty One shared a merged idea: Alter Media Player App so that it doesn't take up 14 of the screen when playing music.  ·   · 
Maiden Ty OneMaiden Ty One shared a merged idea: Custom Soundtracks, for the love of god...  ·   · 
XBLs FLYEST NIKXBLs FLYEST NIK shared a merged idea: CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS!!!  ·   · 
BlubbbsterBlubbbster shared a merged idea: Play media preferably music in the background  ·   · 
Kold ChillsKold Chills shared a merged idea: Let us be able to listen to our music in full screen while playing a game. Or at least make the tab for music very small  ·   · 
B1GDMAKnDaHOUSEB1GDMAKnDaHOUSE shared a merged idea: We need to unsnap the music app & still listen to music..  ·   · 
MASTER TRIPEMASTER TRIPE shared a merged idea: HAV XBOX MUSIC PLAY IN BACKGROUND NOT SNAP  ·   · 
Nathan117326Nathan117326 shared a merged idea: Xbox Music Without Snapping  ·   · 
sirrisracingsirrisracing shared a merged idea: xbox music to run in the background unsnapped  ·   · 
Sepsis7Sepsis7 shared a merged idea: Xbox Music Playable in Background  ·   · 
SsubCowSsubCow shared a merged idea: Ability to listen to music, and run snap in the background while playing games!  ·   · 
ALPHA CURE DOGGALPHA CURE DOGG shared a merged idea: MAKE MUSIC APPS RUN IN BACKGROUND  ·   · 
jon abruzijon abruzi shared a merged idea: Listen Music in background  ·   · 
ii Woods xVxii Woods xVx shared a merged idea: Background Music App  ·   · 
dugpa1dugpa1 shared a merged idea: Snap ruined music in background get rid of snap  ·   · 
QueazyTech06QueazyTech06 shared a merged idea: spotify/pandora/i heart radio app so gamers can listen to music in the background while playing a game or watching tv or on internet explore  ·   · 
BCG VIBROMASTERBCG VIBROMASTER shared a merged idea: Music during games  ·   · 
PORKCHOP777PORKCHOP777 shared a merged idea: playing music while playing games like on the Xbox 360  ·   · 
Poltergeist xOPoltergeist xO shared a merged idea: Ability to listen to music in the background  ·   · 
damiendoukdamiendouk shared a merged idea: XBOX Live Music  ·   · 
CheeeeeeeeeZ509CheeeeeeeeeZ509 shared a merged idea: play music using full screen no snap on the side  ·   · 
TackyPieTackyPie shared a merged idea: Enable the Xbox One to play music in the background like Xbox 360  ·   · 
Jedi dojomasterJedi dojomaster shared a merged idea: please let us run the xbox mp3 player in the backgroung so we can have our music without a snapped app and lose real estate on my television  ·   · 
I eat numzI eat numz shared a merged idea: play music app  ·   · 
IIII SHEEM IIIIIIII SHEEM IIII shared a merged idea: play music in background  ·   · 
SeeSoulTakeSoulSeeSoulTakeSoul shared a merged idea: Music  ·   · 
xMercilessWolfxxMercilessWolfx shared a merged idea: Bringing back playing music in the background and media device support.  ·   · 
Nickoy77Nickoy77 shared a merged idea: play music in background not snap  ·   · 
SINPAXHINKOSINPAXHINKO shared a merged idea: Home dashboard  ·   · 
BelievableHulkBelievableHulk shared a merged idea: Audio playback in background without using snap  ·   · 
Izanagi GodIzanagi God shared a merged idea: Ability to play music in background  ·   · 
DarkSlingerDarkSlinger shared a merged idea: Music while unsnapped  ·   · 
RoKKeR IVRoKKeR IV shared a merged idea: Play Xbox Music in the background  ·   · 
Dylan GreeneDylan Greene shared a merged idea: Allow things like Xbox Music and a possibly future Pandora app run in the background, and not just Snap  ·   · 
tonyruz14tonyruz14 shared a merged idea: Allow us to unsnap Xbox Music and music to continually play in the background AAC, MP3, MKV & MP4 Support + Background play on cd or ext h  ·   · 
DJ RoofeDJ Roofe shared a merged idea: The Party and Xbox Music apps should be able to run in the background  ·   · 
CRAZYK1LLA29CRAZYK1LLA29 shared a merged idea: Allow the music App to run in the background without being snapped  ·   · 
ArcaneWolf98ArcaneWolf98 shared a merged idea: Music while gaming  ·   · 
BergusmaximusBergusmaximus shared a merged idea: Xbox snap. Music  ·   · 
Stolarz88Stolarz88 shared a merged idea: background music  ·   · 
TGAM ASHYTGAM ASHY shared a merged idea: Listen to your own music while playing without it being snapped  ·   · 
Scuderia4EVERScuderia4EVER shared a merged idea: Music on Xbox One  ·   · 
DrSlickRick15DrSlickRick15 shared a merged idea: Audio CD Player --> a regular System Music app like on 360.  ·   · 
TensationTensation shared a merged idea: Run Music and Apps in the background  ·   · 
JayQuik03JayQuik03 shared a merged idea: Stream audio while playing games in background (without snap)  ·   · 
howster34howster34 shared a merged idea: Can we please be able to stream our own music in background while playing games ?  ·   · 
lt smooth420lt smooth420 shared a merged idea: Custom soundtrack support like Xbox 360 (Without SNAP)  ·   · 
DropkickPenguinDropkickPenguin shared a merged idea: Allow the music app to play music in the background without being snapped, like how you could on xbox 360.  ·   · 
InstyleVIIInstyleVII shared a merged idea: Allow Xbox Music (and other Music applications) to run in background unsnapped  ·   · 
BryceMG6BryceMG6 shared a merged idea: Allow background music.  ·   · 

571 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SLICK 8lSLICK 8l commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dlna is here and the media player app can now be snapped .

As far as playing music in backround unsnapped I don't believe that is in this current update as I haven't been able to play with it yet

• Zordid2Zordid2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like the staff doesn't care, maybe they're busy porting another useless sports application

• deeeeezdeeeeez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hurry up an implement, at the very least allow a minimal hud view instead of the huge snap at the side

• xEpic MeYerZzxEpic MeYerZz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is Microsoft ignoring this? it's a pretty stupid thing to do on their part.. a LOT more people will use/buy an Xbox one with such a simple feature. I've started to stop playing my Xbox one now because without my music in the background as I play, I just get bored quicker.

• Chief ChococateChief Chococate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>Buys next gen console
    >Has less features then last gen console

What the____ guys. How hard is is really to let me play my music in the background?
    I've Loyal to Microsoft for almost a decade and so have many other gamers, if you don't start implementing these features ASAP you're going to lost a lot of us.

• dugpa1dugpa1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its been a year now that my xbox one has been sitting in its box collecting dust waiting for this music in the background update and still nothing. was hoping they would have this fixed by the time the halo collection comes out but it doesnt look good. It doesnt look good for the halo 5 release! Im going to just pass on the halo collection not worth wasting my money on it if i cant play it with music in the background. I mean i already wasted 500 dollars on this piece of garbage xbone one.

• DOD MAYHEMDOD MAYHEM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only that but the new Media Player app doesn't even have a snap feature. So whoo hoo you can play your USB stick music on your Xbox One but you have to stare at the media player screen.

Why wasn't this a launch feature. Like things like this annoy me. When designing the new console they should have taken all the features of the 360 and made it work then improved. Instead its like they gutted the 360 and slapped together Frankenstein.

• SfotoSfoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder if they are waiting for the new Windows 10 UI before adding this feature.

• SLICK 8lSLICK 8l commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like they've merged all these topics together wow 13,000 votes!come on ms give ur fans something to cheer about

• ghoztkizz08ghoztkizz08 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF I HAVE TO STREAM MUSIC FROM PC TO XBOX ONE, ID RATHER PLAY MUSIC ON MY PC and ITS SPEAKERS!!!

i so hate this.. i love this feature so much on 360!! i could even use my ancient mp4 called zune in there.. QQQQQQ this is so depressing.. its like false advertisement..

• p12kp12k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft, I read a lot of threads about playing/streaming music in the background while playing a game and i can assure you this is one of the most wanted 'multitasking'-functions right now. Just listen to your community and implement this feature. And by implementing that feature i mean that we are able to unsnap that sidebar so we can use our whole tv and not just half of it! It's taking way too long now. I really don't understand why is taking so long.

• marky00marky00 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! A lot of my playlists have videos that play in the snapped app when I'm getting fragged!

• jpnn80jpnn80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well well well, given how this request has not been fulfilled since June in spite of the 11000+ votes, I'm glad I put some 30 bucks in 2.1 speakers to play the music I want from my smartphone along with the game FX on my 7.1 AV amp, instead of submitting to the cumbersome UI of the music player that MS threw at the face of One players, thinking it would entice them to subscribe a monthly fee...

• Ally 87Ally 87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happend and make it without snap as an option and also mp3 player usb support

Feedback and Knowledge Base