Suggest new apps, app features or changes here.

Xbox Music

Allow us to unsnap Xbox Music and music to continually play in the background. It is cumbersome to want to play a game at full screen and having to deal with the snapped version of Xbox Music on the right side.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by howster34, lt smooth420, Jedi dojomaster, and Alexandre7Jr who also suggested using personal music collections and the media player app. Thanks everyone!]

11,543 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
iMikeZeroiMikeZero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
sirrisracingsirrisracing shared a merged idea: xbox music to run in the background unsnapped  ·   · 
Sepsis7Sepsis7 shared a merged idea: Xbox Music Playable in Background  ·   · 
SsubCowSsubCow shared a merged idea: Ability to listen to music, and run snap in the background while playing games!  ·   · 
ALPHA CURE DOGGALPHA CURE DOGG shared a merged idea: MAKE MUSIC APPS RUN IN BACKGROUND  ·   · 
ii Woods xVxii Woods xVx shared a merged idea: Background Music App  ·   · 
dugpa1dugpa1 shared a merged idea: Snap ruined music in background get rid of snap  ·   · 
QueazyTech06QueazyTech06 shared a merged idea: spotify/pandora/i heart radio app so gamers can listen to music in the background while playing a game or watching tv or on internet explore  ·   · 
BCG VIBROMASTERBCG VIBROMASTER shared a merged idea: Music during games  ·   · 
PORKCHOP777PORKCHOP777 shared a merged idea: playing music while playing games like on the Xbox 360  ·   · 
Poltergeist xOPoltergeist xO shared a merged idea: Ability to listen to music in the background  ·   · 
damiendoukdamiendouk shared a merged idea: XBOX Live Music  ·   · 
CheeeeeeeeeZ509CheeeeeeeeeZ509 shared a merged idea: play music using full screen no snap on the side  ·   · 
TackyPieTackyPie shared a merged idea: Enable the Xbox One to play music in the background like Xbox 360  ·   · 
Jedi dojomasterJedi dojomaster shared a merged idea: please let us run the xbox mp3 player in the backgroung so we can have our music without a snapped app and lose real estate on my television  ·   · 
I eat numzI eat numz shared a merged idea: play music app  ·   · 
IIII SHEEM IIIIIIII SHEEM IIII shared a merged idea: play music in background  ·   · 
SeeSoulTakeSoulSeeSoulTakeSoul shared a merged idea: Music  ·   · 
xMercilessWolfxxMercilessWolfx shared a merged idea: Bringing back playing music in the background and media device support.  ·   · 
Nickoy77Nickoy77 shared a merged idea: play music in background not snap  ·   · 
SINPAXHINKOSINPAXHINKO shared a merged idea: Home dashboard  ·   · 
BelievableHulkBelievableHulk shared a merged idea: Audio playback in background without using snap  ·   · 
Izanagi GodIzanagi God shared a merged idea: Ability to play music in background  ·   · 
DarkSlingerDarkSlinger shared a merged idea: Music while unsnapped  ·   · 
RoKKeR IVRoKKeR IV shared a merged idea: Play Xbox Music in the background  ·   · 
Dylan GreeneDylan Greene shared a merged idea: Allow things like Xbox Music and a possibly future Pandora app run in the background, and not just Snap  ·   · 
tonyruz14tonyruz14 shared a merged idea: Allow us to unsnap Xbox Music and music to continually play in the background AAC, MP3, MKV & MP4 Support + Background play on cd or ext h  ·   · 
DJ RoofeDJ Roofe shared a merged idea: The Party and Xbox Music apps should be able to run in the background  ·   · 
CRAZYK1LLA29CRAZYK1LLA29 shared a merged idea: Allow the music App to run in the background without being snapped  ·   · 
ArcaneWolf98ArcaneWolf98 shared a merged idea: Music while gaming  ·   · 
BergusmaximusBergusmaximus shared a merged idea: Xbox snap. Music  ·   · 
Stolarz88Stolarz88 shared a merged idea: background music  ·   · 
TGAM ASHYTGAM ASHY shared a merged idea: Listen to your own music while playing without it being snapped  ·   · 
DrSlickRick15DrSlickRick15 shared a merged idea: Audio CD Player --> a regular System Music app like on 360.  ·   · 
TensationTensation shared a merged idea: Run Music and Apps in the background  ·   · 
JayQuik03JayQuik03 shared a merged idea: Stream audio while playing games in background (without snap)  ·   · 
howster34howster34 shared a merged idea: Can we please be able to stream our own music in background while playing games ?  ·   · 
lt smooth420lt smooth420 shared a merged idea: Custom soundtrack support like Xbox 360 (Without SNAP)  ·   · 
DropkickPenguinDropkickPenguin shared a merged idea: Allow the music app to play music in the background without being snapped, like how you could on xbox 360.  ·   · 
InstyleVIIInstyleVII shared a merged idea: Allow Xbox Music (and other Music applications) to run in background unsnapped  ·   · 
BryceMG6BryceMG6 shared a merged idea: Allow background music.  ·   · 

457 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Neetz369Neetz369 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature combined with full DLNA would be equivalent to what I had on 360.

• Neetz369Neetz369 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its good for all types of games, would rather listen to music than football announcers

• SLICK 8lSLICK 8l commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just keep voting and commenting, don't stop until microsoft has no choice but to address this issue .

I have faith they will get this done .im sure they've read this and now after finally releasing a new media player and full dlna coming it's only a matter of time ....

• SfotoSfoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edit: it DOES say under review on the xbox music feedback site. There might be hope yet!!

• SfotoSfoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just had a quick look on the xbox music feedback site. They are asking for the same thing. So in reality this request has 12544 votes in total with 502 Comments. I just can't get my head around why MS is so silent about this. The request isn't even under review on music feedback site.

Time and time again we hear the xbox developers talking to Larry Hyrb saying that they get there ideas from the feedback community. This obviously is not true as one of my past posts alluded to. Come On... Can't we even get an "OK we hear you!" from MS. I have to start and consider a migration away from Xbox Music. I have the pass, just can't use it the way I want to.

• Jonah LeeJonah Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature was added to the original xbox and was a launch feature of the XBOX 360. Without this the Xbox One is inferior to the previous systems. Please fix the new Media App soon!

• Hawk TartarosHawk Tartaros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this too, and make it so that you can control music trough Smartglass and support DLNA devices and Flac.

• UNFAIRNlCKUNFAIRNlCK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most voted feature out of all the others for months now and is still not implemented... What do you think that says to us, the consumers. Either you're trying to make something amazing with this feature and release something that we couldn't have foreseen, or you just don't care. Hopefully it's the first answer.

The only purpose for the app now is for videos really and even then it be more worthwhile snapped.

meanwhile xb1 new media app is once again horrible at music playback.nothing like watching a full screen of your music while there's soo many more apps and games we'd like to be playing while our music plays in backround!

This is the one feature that I sorely miss and still keeps me on the fence about turning in my xb1 for a ps4.if ps gets play in backround before ms I'm out.play music in backround should have been implemented yesterday.the fact the xb1 sucks at music playback is astounding to me

Feedback and Knowledge Base