Suggest new apps, app features or changes here.

Better integrated DLNA Support

It's troublesome to "play to" media files from my PC. A full DLNA menu support system would be most helpful!

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with similar ideas posted by Jdee, chillzATL, Ancient Weapon, and Dragon Skyblaze. AW also suggested controlling said media content through the One Guide. Thanks everyone!]

6,761 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
KlaituKlaitu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
TheDeathOfAnEraTheDeathOfAnEra shared a merged idea: Please add Video Streaming Application  ·   · 
IM lightning10IM lightning10 shared a merged idea: Be able to stream your own music like you can on the 360 using media player  ·   · 
TacticalTankTacticalTank shared a merged idea: hdmi pass thru and dnla compatibility  ·   · 
TacticalTankTacticalTank shared a merged idea: dnla support like the 360 and hdmi passthru  ·   · 
MrReclusive666MrReclusive666 shared a merged idea: Media Center  ·   · 
Otter2219Otter2219 shared a merged idea: DLNA support...PLEASE!  ·   · 
LeeHeMoyLeeHeMoy shared a merged idea: Xbox one DLNA support  ·   · 
AkudesynAkudesyn shared a merged idea: DLNA Media server support  ·   · 
AxcaliburAxcalibur shared a merged idea: DLNA Support  ·   · 
xXxRubiconxXxxXxRubiconxXx shared a merged idea: be able to stream all of our multimedia from our laptop, phone etc.  ·   · 
Caddyrn PraxisCaddyrn Praxis shared a merged idea: DLNA Support ( AVM / Fritz!Box and MORE ) NO PLAYTO FOREVER  ·   · 
Caddyrn PraxisCaddyrn Praxis shared a merged idea: We need the Feature to Play Music or Videos from a DLNA Server ( AVM MEDIASERVER) WITH NO PLAY TO!!!  ·   · 
COBRA ATTACK 99COBRA ATTACK 99 shared a merged idea: Full dlna media support and playback  ·   · 
GsFurrealGsFurreal shared a merged idea: DLNA, plus other ideas  ·   · 
ThunorXThunorX shared a merged idea: Need Ability to Play LAN Content  ·   · 
Ancient WeaponAncient Weapon shared a merged idea: Request to have the One Guide given complete access to DLNA Movie/TV content on local servers.  ·   · 
RoG ShawzborneRoG Shawzborne shared a merged idea: Native DLNA Audio Streaming  ·   · 
chillzATLchillzATL shared a merged idea: Proper DLNA support  ·   · 
SkyHighGam3rSkyHighGam3r shared a merged idea: Xbox Music/Video  ·   · 
NosmoRex711NosmoRex711 shared a merged idea: DLNA support for Xbox One.  ·   · 
ArowinKiwiArowinKiwi shared a merged idea: DLNA Support  ·   · 
Dragon SkyblazeDragon Skyblaze shared a merged idea: Video Player  ·   · 
JdeeJdee shared a merged idea: Full DLNA support  ·   · 

228 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jonah LeeJonah Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS NOT COMPLETED!

For this to be like the full DLNA of the Xbox 360, it needs be integrated into the system and run in the background so you can play music through any game instead of game music. Not having to snap an app and take up screen space to play music!

• Scarecrow97Scarecrow97 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still issues with mkv. No preview while scrolling. Somewhat flakey when it does play. Needs more work but an improvement so far

• Ganon255Ganon255 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree, the UI is terrible. I have about 2000 albums and it's a nightmare to navigate.

• QuaiChangPainQuaiChangPain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this marked 'completed'??!! The media player app won't load my entire library, and what little I can get it to load is unnavigable... Just endless scrolling. Did they even test this on a large music library? Was this just designed to handle 20 ripped CDs?

• DraciloDracilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant play mkv from usb and still have the mediaplayer preview app in store available

• InitialD DriverInitialD Driver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why cant it snap i see no issue if the 360 could play music and games together why the XBOne cannot? Please add a snap feature to the system media player app.

• Vertices IIVertices II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appear to have lost "Play To" functionality, presumably as part of the switch to the media player app. Please get this back working with Win8, it's a great feature.

• IdenticalLennyIdenticalLenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i tried the media player app through USB and i noticed when i fast forward in a video it didn´t create screenshots like on the 360 system video player so i know when to stop fast forward in the video

Please make it happen when it releases with DLNA

Thank you

• Jam and BeesJam and Bees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It needs a much better looking UI. The current one looks terrible, something like the PS 3 had with video preview tiles would be a great addition.

• ClawedGorillaClawedGorilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hooray, I have had my Xbox One for 4 hours and already found it miserable to access my media I had so beautifully set up on my 360. Good to hear they are fixing this poor oversight.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base