Suggest new apps, app features or changes here.

Better integrated DLNA Support

It's troublesome to "play to" media files from my PC. A full DLNA menu support system would be most helpful!

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with similar ideas posted by Jdee, chillzATL, Ancient Weapon, and Dragon Skyblaze. AW also suggested controlling said media content through the One Guide. Thanks everyone!]

6,761 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
KlaituKlaitu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
TheDeathOfAnEraTheDeathOfAnEra shared a merged idea: Please add Video Streaming Application  ·   · 
IM lightning10IM lightning10 shared a merged idea: Be able to stream your own music like you can on the 360 using media player  ·   · 
TacticalTankTacticalTank shared a merged idea: hdmi pass thru and dnla compatibility  ·   · 
TacticalTankTacticalTank shared a merged idea: dnla support like the 360 and hdmi passthru  ·   · 
MrReclusive666MrReclusive666 shared a merged idea: Media Center  ·   · 
Otter2219Otter2219 shared a merged idea: DLNA support...PLEASE!  ·   · 
LeeHeMoyLeeHeMoy shared a merged idea: Xbox one DLNA support  ·   · 
AkudesynAkudesyn shared a merged idea: DLNA Media server support  ·   · 
AxcaliburAxcalibur shared a merged idea: DLNA Support  ·   · 
xXxRubiconxXxxXxRubiconxXx shared a merged idea: be able to stream all of our multimedia from our laptop, phone etc.  ·   · 
Caddyrn PraxisCaddyrn Praxis shared a merged idea: DLNA Support ( AVM / Fritz!Box and MORE ) NO PLAYTO FOREVER  ·   · 
Caddyrn PraxisCaddyrn Praxis shared a merged idea: We need the Feature to Play Music or Videos from a DLNA Server ( AVM MEDIASERVER) WITH NO PLAY TO!!!  ·   · 
COBRA ATTACK 99COBRA ATTACK 99 shared a merged idea: Full dlna media support and playback  ·   · 
GsFurrealGsFurreal shared a merged idea: DLNA, plus other ideas  ·   · 
ThunorXThunorX shared a merged idea: Need Ability to Play LAN Content  ·   · 
Ancient WeaponAncient Weapon shared a merged idea: Request to have the One Guide given complete access to DLNA Movie/TV content on local servers.  ·   · 
RoG ShawzborneRoG Shawzborne shared a merged idea: Native DLNA Audio Streaming  ·   · 
chillzATLchillzATL shared a merged idea: Proper DLNA support  ·   · 
SkyHighGam3rSkyHighGam3r shared a merged idea: Xbox Music/Video  ·   · 
NosmoRex711NosmoRex711 shared a merged idea: DLNA support for Xbox One.  ·   · 
ArowinKiwiArowinKiwi shared a merged idea: DLNA Support  ·   · 
Dragon SkyblazeDragon Skyblaze shared a merged idea: Video Player  ·   · 
JdeeJdee shared a merged idea: Full DLNA support  ·   · 

227 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scarecrow97Scarecrow97 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still issues with mkv. No preview while scrolling. Somewhat flakey when it does play. Needs more work but an improvement so far

• Ganon255Ganon255 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree, the UI is terrible. I have about 2000 albums and it's a nightmare to navigate.

• QuaiChangPainQuaiChangPain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this marked 'completed'??!! The media player app won't load my entire library, and what little I can get it to load is unnavigable... Just endless scrolling. Did they even test this on a large music library? Was this just designed to handle 20 ripped CDs?

• DraciloDracilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant play mkv from usb and still have the mediaplayer preview app in store available

• InitialD DriverInitialD Driver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why cant it snap i see no issue if the 360 could play music and games together why the XBOne cannot? Please add a snap feature to the system media player app.

• Vertices IIVertices II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appear to have lost "Play To" functionality, presumably as part of the switch to the media player app. Please get this back working with Win8, it's a great feature.

• IdenticalLennyIdenticalLenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i tried the media player app through USB and i noticed when i fast forward in a video it didn´t create screenshots like on the 360 system video player so i know when to stop fast forward in the video

Please make it happen when it releases with DLNA

Thank you

• Jam and BeesJam and Bees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It needs a much better looking UI. The current one looks terrible, something like the PS 3 had with video preview tiles would be a great addition.

• ClawedGorillaClawedGorilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hooray, I have had my Xbox One for 4 hours and already found it miserable to access my media I had so beautifully set up on my 360. Good to hear they are fixing this poor oversight.

• RockstarLeopardRockstarLeopard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that it's finally coming but we REALLY need to be able to Unsnap Xbox Music and have it still play. That feature has over 11,000 votes

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base