Suggest new apps, app features or changes here.

Better integrated DLNA Support

It's troublesome to "play to" media files from my PC. A full DLNA menu support system would be most helpful!

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with similar ideas posted by Jdee, chillzATL, Ancient Weapon, and Dragon Skyblaze. AW also suggested controlling said media content through the One Guide. Thanks everyone!]

6,628 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
KlaituKlaitu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
IM lightning10IM lightning10 shared a merged idea: Be able to stream your own music like you can on the 360 using media player  ·   · 
TacticalTankTacticalTank shared a merged idea: hdmi pass thru and dnla compatibility  ·   · 
TacticalTankTacticalTank shared a merged idea: dnla support like the 360 and hdmi passthru  ·   · 
MrReclusive666MrReclusive666 shared a merged idea: Media Center  ·   · 
Otter2219Otter2219 shared a merged idea: DLNA support...PLEASE!  ·   · 
LeeHeMoyLeeHeMoy shared a merged idea: Xbox one DLNA support  ·   · 
AkudesynAkudesyn shared a merged idea: DLNA Media server support  ·   · 
AxcaliburAxcalibur shared a merged idea: DLNA Support  ·   · 
xXxRubiconxXxxXxRubiconxXx shared a merged idea: be able to stream all of our multimedia from our laptop, phone etc.  ·   · 
Caddyrn PraxisCaddyrn Praxis shared a merged idea: DLNA Support ( AVM / Fritz!Box and MORE ) NO PLAYTO FOREVER  ·   · 
Caddyrn PraxisCaddyrn Praxis shared a merged idea: We need the Feature to Play Music or Videos from a DLNA Server ( AVM MEDIASERVER) WITH NO PLAY TO!!!  ·   · 
COBRA ATTACK 99COBRA ATTACK 99 shared a merged idea: Full dlna media support and playback  ·   · 
GsFurrealGsFurreal shared a merged idea: DLNA, plus other ideas  ·   · 
ThunorXThunorX shared a merged idea: Need Ability to Play LAN Content  ·   · 
Ancient WeaponAncient Weapon shared a merged idea: Request to have the One Guide given complete access to DLNA Movie/TV content on local servers.  ·   · 
RoG ShawzborneRoG Shawzborne shared a merged idea: Native DLNA Audio Streaming  ·   · 
chillzATLchillzATL shared a merged idea: Proper DLNA support  ·   · 
SkyHighGam3rSkyHighGam3r shared a merged idea: Xbox Music/Video  ·   · 
NosmoRex711NosmoRex711 shared a merged idea: DLNA support for Xbox One.  ·   · 
ArowinKiwiArowinKiwi shared a merged idea: DLNA Support  ·   · 
Dragon SkyblazeDragon Skyblaze shared a merged idea: Video Player  ·   · 
JdeeJdee shared a merged idea: Full DLNA support  ·   · 

212 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ClawedGorillaClawedGorilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hooray, I have had my Xbox One for 4 hours and already found it miserable to access my media I had so beautifully set up on my 360. Good to hear they are fixing this poor oversight.

• RockstarLeopardRockstarLeopard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that it's finally coming but we REALLY need to be able to Unsnap Xbox Music and have it still play. That feature has over 11,000 votes

• special K421special K421 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah being able to play some tunes in the background without having to snap an app that obscures 1/3 of the screen while you game would be amazing! People just want to play their games(full screen) and be able to listen to their own music at the same time.

• Jonah LeeJonah Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is only snappable and not in background it is no help. We want DLNA support like the 360 that lets us play the music during our games. This needs to built into the system to play music all the time!

• Raymond MageeRaymond Magee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone else find it ironic that Sony, the first and main corporation to work on DNLA didn't use it in their latest console.

• iLLosophyiLLosophy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A work around is you can go to your Laptop and in Windows Media Player, select "Play To" option. It's not ideal or as fully featured as the 360, but hopefully it can hold you over until they add this.

• lgp1985brlgp1985br commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't forget to allow it to play 3d videos with subtitles and DTS audio, as it's already supported by the system.

• Wicked FliesWicked Flies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeeeessss! DLNA is coming to xbox one!............. Craaaaap! Now I need to save up and decide where to buy one! XD

• D a N z i G 069D a N z i G 069 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that DLNA is in the works, can you also look into the Plex App to be in the works @ the same time as the DLNA so they will be out together, it's like having peanut butter & jelly on a sandwich, they just go together side by side!!

• Assimilator69Assimilator69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

should also enable SMB support so we can stream our media straight from a network share to reduce overheads on storage devices

• AwesomerrificusAwesomerrificus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A media player app is a step in the right direction, but why not just allow the xbox video and music apps to access our locally stored media files just like their windows counterparts are able to. Remember the whole many devices, one screen concept. I really wish you guys would just follow through with that. I have windows phone, surface RT, Windows 8 desktop and laptop, Xbox 360 & Xbox One and I thoroughly enjoy them, but this fractured experience needs to be ironed out. You guys have the know how, make it happen, please!

• NunoboxeNunoboxe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't forget subtitles support. A nice photo app would be also somewhat appreciated. Especially an up that can read geotags and all that.

• ATLJAY7ATLJAY7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the media player preview works great. but theres room for improvement let its play audio files in the background like on the 360. all we wanna do is game and listen to some tunes. don't try to make it a snap app we just want the music video files will always be watched in big screen

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base