Reserved for Xbox Feedback announcements

FAQ

Q: How do I use the Xbox Feedback site?
A: You can use this site to submit new ideas; and view, comment, and vote for ideas from others.
To add a new idea, select a category from the right (such as Kinect, Apps, Gaming…) and enter your idea into the empty field. Similar ideas will display, and you can comment or vote on an existing idea. If your idea hasn’t been submitted yet, click “Post a new idea” to share your idea.

Q: Do I need to sign in to post ideas and vote?
A: Yes. Sign in with your Microsoft Account to post your ideas, comment, and vote. Your User ID will be your Gamertag.

Q: What are the rules for posting?
A: Please check out our Posting Guidelines.

Q: What happens after I submit my idea?
A: Once you post a new idea, other Xbox fans can view, comment and/or vote on your idea. We have a dedicated crew of staff and moderators who review the ideas and comments and help make sure your ideas are heard throughout Xbox.

Q: How does voting work?
A: Once you're signed in, you can vote for an idea by clicking the "Vote" button next to the idea's title and description. You can vote once per idea. An idea's total number of votes is presented just above the "Vote" button.

Q: It says I have 1,000 votes but that number doesn’t decrease when I vote on something. Did my vote count?
A: Yes, your vote counted. You have unlimited votes so that number will never change.

Q: What's the difference between Hot Ideas and Top Ideas?
A: Top ideas have the highest total vote counts in their category. Hot ideas are those which have received the most votes in a recent, short amount of time. For example: a new idea with 30 fresh votes this week will be Hotter than a 500-vote idea that's been around a while and got fewer votes in the same time frame.

Q: How can I tell if an idea's being implemented?
A: The status of an idea will be updated to “In Progress” when it is being implemented, and after it has been released, the status will be updated to “Completed”

Q: Do I get credit if my idea is implemented?
A: You get boasting rights among your friends and family, and the knowledge that you've helped make Xbox better for everyone. We won't be offering any form of compensation. For more info, please check out our Posting Guidelines.

Q: How do I receive updates about my ideas?
A: You can enable notifications by clicking “Settings” – located next to your Gamertag in the upper right portion of the screen. Type in your preferred email address to receive the updates. You can also set your preferred language and add an image for your Avatar.

Q: I have a question about my Xbox 360/Xbox One/network connection/billing history. Can I ask it here?
A: For any support-related questions, please reach out to us at http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Misses JoustAdminMisses Joust (Staff, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PlaneCandy89688PlaneCandy89688 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a question, I have asked //feedback and //helpdesk no one can get me an answer. I work for Xbox. Is there a remote way I can select the NEXT choice in the OOBE screen using the Xbox One Command Prompt?

• LeoKurtzLeoKurtz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea got merged with something completely different. Can it be un-merged?

• Raymond MageeRaymond Magee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Question: I've seen recent post saying "this page was merged with another page by [gamertag 1] and [gamertag 2]". Does that mean I can edit my page at my will? If so, how can I?

• PhoenixRestoredPhoenixRestored commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, regarding the make-shift way you told me to bring to your attention duplicate ideas, you said to flag my own comment. I'm not seeing that, my only option is delete.

• lRogue CommandolRogue Commando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hallo thar; I have a specific Question about the Newest Gamescon-Xbone Update Video to do with the Feedback site.

So, towards the end of the video, I, and the rest of the internet were cheering from the forum-tops when it was revealed that, from an external drive, one can use almost all of the most popular types of files without having to first convert them, so like the 360 but even better!

Before this was announced, I tended to snap games and youtube together, so I can listen to rocking tunes while enjoying some awesome Exclusives, but it always made it that much harder to play with the screen changing constantly from snapped to unsnapped.

So my question is essentially: Will I be able to use my audio-only content without needing to have a program snapped?

Thanks for reading!

• Misses JoustAdminMisses Joust (Staff, Xbox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BEAST and Ryn0: Not at this time, but those are great ideas for future Feedback improvements. Thanks!
    left65: Many factors weigh into consideration besides vote count, but that number is very important to us. :)
    Alpha: Not at this time but we encourage you to share your ideas with others outside of Xbox Feedback, too!

• Ryn0 LRyn0 L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can there be an expanded view of all "in-progress" and "Completed" items? It's cumbersome to go to every category separately. At least on the main page, show more than the most recent 3 updates.

• left65left65 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what is considered a substantial amount of votes to get into consideration by Microsoft?

• Misses JoustAdminMisses Joust (Staff, Xbox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for asking, Railer.
    Some ideas posted here were already on our radar before we launched Xbox Feedback. We will mark them as Completed regardless of vote count to let you know that they’re available. Also, some ideas will take longer to build and implement than others. We will update statuses to In-Progress once those features are officially announced as being implemented.

• RAILER SWIMRAILER SWIM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are the highly voted ideas ignored over ones that have less than 1000 votes, or even ideas with less than 100 votes?

Leo - Examples like that are fine if it helps you describe your idea. =)
    DELTA - I don't have a definite answer for this, but you are always welcome to check out our employment opportunities at http://careers.microsoft.com.
    Rami - You have unlimited votes so you can vote on anything and everything that you want to support.

• DELTA KIL0DELTA KIL0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

Are there any employment opportunities relating to the this feedback site? Its a great idea and id love to be involved in helping Microsoft shape the future of XBOX. Could you point me in the right direction for any job openings?

Thanks

• LeoKurtzLeoKurtz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While reading the posting guidelines one item raised a question for me:
    • Keep your posts on topic! Refrain from commenting about or comparing other platforms or manufacturers.

So my question is can I use examples in my ideas or comments?
    e.g.: add a feature similar to apple´s airplay

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base